::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I am studying up on cirrhosis. For some reason I am feeling uneasy about it today, like we are being too complacent.

Hope you enjoy it.

Good luck Don!!!

Play nice with the other kids Don :)

How about a kid. You could say, "I lost an Ethan."

Don, enjoy your day back working for the man.

"Takin what they're givin cuz I'm working for a livin . . . "

Thanks for all the thoughts, PoHos. I enjoyed my first day at work today. I like the guys that work there, and I enjoy driving the truck around, making deliveries. When not delivering, I stand around behind the counter with them, trying to (slowly) learn the ropes as far as working the parts counter goes. Things have all changed so much since I last did this kind of work!

My only complaint tonight is that my feet, legs and back are sore from so much standing. I'm sure it's something I'll get more used to....

What's something that weights 60 lbs? I know I could do sugar... But I want something impressive! Do they sell feed bags that are 60 lbs?

Find something that has the same density/volume/weight as fat.

Having used Google to try to find an answer to this for Andy, I have learned that the most commonly cited thing that weighs 60 pounds is an elephant penis.

Go figure....

Road trip prep underway. Spent the entire day yesterday doing stuff getting ready. More today. I'm always a bit crazy at this point. Makes it difficult to sleep. The girls and I have 9am pedicure this morning. I shall nap thru mine. Then off to the smog station and AAA office. I discovered yesterday my tags are due while we are gone, so need to get that done today. Need to stop at the market for water. Went to Costco the other day for road snacks and meals (forgot water). With 6 in the car I try not to eat out while on the road for every meal, it gets expensive.

I plan on leaving at 4 am, that'll get us clear of LA before the morning rush hour. Only going as far as Fresno the first day, that's only 300 miles. Going to visit the kitties at the Cathouse.

Have a great time, Sally. With all those players and six ukes on board, you should insist that they serenade you along the way. And, when you do, get someone to video it for us....

Musical Instrument Museum is great. The whole thing is arranged geographically, continent by continent. You can see how instruments and style of music changed as they moved through regions. I saw the Gilet guitar in the Australia section (Beau Hannam was one of the builders). There's a nice Martin exhibit on building. All the ukes are Kamakas except for a Kumalae, a vintage Martin style 3 soprano, and the Tahitian ukes. None of the instruments in the experience gallery are in tune so that's a pain. Jake has an exhibit and one of his Kamakas is there. Coolest thing I saw is the handwritten lyrics to Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison. I loves me some cultural artifacts.

Sounds like a worthwhile visit, TSM....

Naomi was practicing on my Mainland. Then she said she liked this uke better than her own, and that I wasn't getting it back. Lol. I said, "Nice try!"

I did tell her that she could use it for her uke club, this year. She got real excited. I've been slowly saving for another Mainland. I just can't get the red cedar one out of my head.

I have long said I would love a gloss mahogany concert Mainland. Now I'm thinking I'd like to consider a Red cedar as an alternative....

Today I am studying up on cirrhosis. For some reason I am feeling uneasy about it today, like we are being too complacent.

It's no trivial thing, I'm sure. I'm pretty sure that once it has set in, there is little to nothing that can fix it....

Having used Google to try to find an answer to this for Andy, I have learned that the most commonly cited thing that weighs 60 pounds is an elephant penis.

Go figure....

I would love to see Andy post that he's lost an elephant penis on Facebook. That would be HILARIOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom