::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose this instead...

attachment.php

But slinging a 60 pound elephant penis over your shoulders would be quite impressive...

2:20am. The car is all packed. Going to shower, put on my road clothes and wake the kids. We have one stop to pick up two others and then we're headed north.

I was shooting to leave at 4am, looks like I'm going to make it.

Have a nice vacation! Wishing you safe travels and good weather!

Last edited:
Elaine and I made plans to take my 89 year old aunt out to lunch tomorrow. She lives in an assisted living facility, and is free to come and go, unlike some nursing homes. We called her Sunday, and set the date for lunch. My sister is driving in from her place, which is 2.5 hours away, just for the occasion. Then, after lunch, Elaine, my sister and I planned to visit my other elderly aunt at her nursing home.

I just had a phone call from my cousin, and the aunt we were planning to take to lunch is in the hospital with a broken pelvis. The doctors say that it is a very traumatic break, like they would expect to see in someone who may have fallen 30 feet to the ground. The odd thing is that she was found in bed, not on the floor or in the shower. They can't figure out how this happened, or how she got into bed afterward. She has been quite confused lately, and even more so now, apparently.

So, it looks like we'll all be visiting the hospital, rather than taking her out to lunch....

Oh no! I will remember her in my prayers.
I need to go see my grandma, this week. She's in assisted living, too. She's a hoot. I love talking to her. Mentally, she's sharp. But she has a hard time spitting her words out because she has had a couple mini strokes. She knows when she does it and will correct herself. I am the grandchild that takes after her. I look like her and I have her personality. Only, I'm not as tiny as her, anymore. ;-). Growing up, she always called me Katie, and I hated it. Lol

In the news, they just announced that Google is dropping Google Plus. Yay!

My kid cracks me up. It's become a daily thing to reorganize all of piano books, before she practices.

2:20am. The car is all packed. Going to shower, put on my road clothes and wake the kids. We have one stop to pick up two others and then we're headed north.

I was shooting to leave at 4am, looks like I'm going to make it.

August 12 I'm back to work. If you go to The Mystery House in the afternoon, I may be able to meet you and the crew.

Yesterday was spent clearing out a storage shed for grandpa. After clearing it out, he had me dismantle the "shelves" he rigged and instal shelving units he bought at Costco. It was 97*F yesterday and it must have been 130*F in that shed.

Haven't sweat that much in twenty years!

There was nothing wrong with his shelves aside from being ugly. I don't get it.

Being on vacation has its perks.

I was at my grandmothers house when one of those "Windows detects problems with your software" calls came through. I mentioned that it was good he called because I was in the middle of moving some of my stock portfolio around and didn't want the program crashing while trying to move so much money.

Long story short, I was able to waste 50 minutes of his time before he was certain I was yanking his chain. He just hung up on me.

Now THAT is a good angle! I have to try that one out the next time I get one of those calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom