::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...over the winter my social life has been all about music. Our band is really hitting its groove. We gigged a handful of times, and have more gigs coming up. (Our new drummer is an awesome promoter.)

We also joined a choir (the BassMan convinced the rest of us to join with him). It's been really fun and a great learning experience. One weird thing...we all sing different parts in choir than we do in the band.

Vocal chord tightening? ;)

im-getting-fixed-am-i-broken-cat.jpg

You lost me at sardines. Lol. Actually, I've never tried them. Can't imagine mixing them with salsa.

I don't mix the sardines. They go on top. I mix the la Victoria salsa with the avocado. I make them as open faced sandwiches.
For less adventurous I make quinoa with chicken stock. First I sautee onion,garlic,and some seranno peppers chopped with virgin olive oil and a smidgen of salt add Bobs mills quinoa and chicken stock and boil covered until sprouted. Comes out really good. I eat a lot of baby kale salads too.

Congrats Mandi. I bet she calls you back. Don't forget to warn her about UWC time off, that's manditory. Man, you are quick to find a job when you need one.
Oh I didn't forget. She told me they are a team and it wouldn't be a problem.

You got this - I remember when you were just starting. Seems like year 3 is always the toughest, though, so you're through that and it's smooth sailing from here!

Agreed! Year 3 is the toughest! Keep going! You are going to make it!

Vocal chord tightening? ;)

Guess that's what is happening. When I was younger high notes were no problem. On creep sometimes I can pull it off. Sometimes it's a train wreck at that section. Wouldn't feel comfortable doing that song in public, but I love the song. Any suggestions?

I don't mix the sardines. They go on top. I mix the la Victoria salsa with the avocado. I make them as open faced sandwiches.
For less adventurous I make quinoa with chicken stock. First I sautee onion,garlic,and some seranno peppers chopped with virgin olive oil and a smidgen of salt add Bobs mills quinoa and chicken stock and boil covered until sprouted. Comes out really good. I eat a lot of baby kale salads too.

I love quinoa!! I make it the same way you do...except I add canned shiitake mushrooms. Yum!

So...over the winter my social life has been all about music. Our band is really hitting its groove. We gigged a handful of times, and have more gigs coming up. (Our new drummer is an awesome promoter.)

We also joined a choir (the BassMan convinced the rest of us to join with him). It's been really fun and a great learning experience. One weird thing...we all sing different parts in choir than we do in the band.

Sounds like a great time.

I meant to also say that I dislike baby kale. I have tried. Lol

Guess that's what is happening. When I was younger high notes were no problem. On creep sometimes I can pull it off. Sometimes it's a train wreck at that section. Wouldn't feel comfortable doing that song in public, but I love the song. Any suggestions?

Just drop it down and sing it where you feel you can. You don't have to do the falsetto.

How fun! Any videos?

That's another song I love. I sing and play it on uke, guitar and piano.

Dang, I'm reliving my teenage years, here, today.

I play that,basketcase, linkin park, imagine Dragons, and gangstas paradise all the time. One of these days I will stop being so lazy and find the time to post some of them. Need to work on Alex Clare too close again today.

I was kidding about the vocal chord tightening (because I knew what surgery you were REALLY talking about). Practice practice!

Try different keys. Or try doing it in a way that is different than the way it was originally done that you enjoy.

Thinking of going to Kmart for kiddie pools and Home Depot for zucc and crookneck squash plants.

I belong to a local FB garden group and someone posted about button carrots. In my Good Seeds catalog they have some, they are called Parisianne carrots. They are little balls, so they don't need deep earth. I bet they'd work in a kiddie pool along with radishes.

Ooo! I'll bet those little carrots would work! You looking for plants or going to do seeds?

The custodian at school said he would come over and till me a spot if I wanted a garden. He did it for another family last year and they loved it. But I like the kiddie pool idea better.

Just remember if you do the kiddie pool and you put it on the grass, it will kill the grass. Hm . . . if I covered my lawn with kiddie pools, I wouldn't have to worry about mowing . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom