::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ate pizza last night. The girls, a niece and I watched Steel Magnolias and ate really good veggie pizza and beer. It was fun.

Today we are headed to the Korean Day spa. I'm going to soak and sleep. It'll be a good day.

My bane is eating late night after a few beers, I do fine during the day.

It hasn't been one particular thing for me. It's second helpings. I've been doing portion control for a long time. That has gone out the window, the past week.

Recently, I went to an essential oils class. It was interesting and while I was there, I was served some water thst had one drop of a citrus oil blend. It tasted really good. That night, I did not have to take my Prilosec for GERD, and the next day I woke up feeling great and my appetite seemed to be curbed. I wondered if it was from that one little oil drop. So anyways, I got some of that oil and tried it for a few days and I felt great. No Prilosec needed. Prilosec isn't a good medicine to be on because it can cause stomach polyps. I started reading about this essential oil and I read that one drop is like equivalent to 50 lemons. Now I'm wondering if it's not as safe as I was told. What is it going to do to my gut? I see conflicting info on the net...like you would about anything. So for the past few days, I have skipped my one drop of oil. My appetite is back, the GERD is back...

It hasn't been one particular thing for me. It's second helpings. I've been doing portion control for a long time. That has gone out the window, the past week.

Recently, I went to an essential oils class. It was interesting and while I was there, I was served some water thst had one drop of a citrus oil blend. It tasted really good. That night, I did not have to take my Prilosec for GERD, and the next day I woke up feeling great and my appetite seemed to be curbed. I wondered if it was from that one little oil drop. So anyways, I got some of that oil and tried it for a few days and I felt great. No Prilosec needed. Prilosec isn't a good medicine to be on because it can cause stomach polyps. I started reading about this essential oil and I read that one drop is like equivalent to 50 lemons. Now I'm wondering if it's not as safe as I was told. What is it going to do to my gut? I see conflicting info on the net...like you would about anything. So for the past few days, I have skipped my one drop of oil. My appetite is back, the GERD is back...

Maybe just try some lemon squeezed in water and see if that helps.

I'm always wary of some of the new age cures. I've met too many young counter culture kids that believe anything they hear from another "hippie" without doing any research and pass it along as fact.

I'm always wary of some of the new age cures. I've met too many young counter culture kids that believe anything they hear from another "hippie" without doing any research and pass it along as fact.

I'm a major skeptic on everything. They say essential oils aren't "new age," as they have been around forever...but I totally see what you are saying.

I like lemon water. And orange juice. Lemons and oranges are my fave fruits. However, they are very acidic. When the rinds are processed for the oils, I think the acid is cooked off, from what I understand. I have a lot of reading to do. I have a few oils that I apply topically and diffuse in my house. I like those. It's ingesting them, that I'm nervous about. I know people that do so, without thinking twice. I'm not so brave. I like to be informed.

I'm a major skeptic on everything. They say essential oils aren't "new age," as they have been around forever...but I totally see what you are saying.

I like lemon water. And orange juice. Lemons and oranges are my fave fruits. However, they are very acidic. When the rinds are processed for the oils, I think the acid is cooked off, from what I understand. I have a lot of reading to do. I have a few oils that I apply topically and diffuse in my house. I like those. It's ingesting them, that I'm nervous about. I know people that do so, without thinking twice. I'm not so brave. I like to be informed.

Rosemary oil is great for headaches, just put a small dab under your nose.

I get stressed out before family gatherings... Seems the older I get, the more of a recluse I am. Well, I applied this Stress Away oil the other day, with some coconut oil, before we left. It smells good. We had Naomi's birthday party at my aunt's house becsuse the location is more convenient for everyone. It was the first time I used that oil and apparently it works. I missed my exit. Lol, Then, I almost turned on the wrong street...my aunt has lived in the same house my whole life and I've never missed her street. When I missed the exit, I didn't even care. Lol

A drop of essential oil everyday isn't going to hurt you.

Even arsenic in small doses takes years to kill a person.

I'll have to get that one. I only have 12 so far. They are great to have. I'd rather try an oil before resulting to medicine, when possible. They aren't going to work for everything, but I think it's something to consider.

That's what I figured, too. It just made me nervous because you have to drink it in glass. Even though there supposedly isn't any acid in it, it will still eat plastic, according to what I read. Some literature suggests it "attacks plastic" and that's what it does to harmful stuff within the body, but leaves the good stuff alone (good guy flora). Who knows what's true. I kinda figure if the oil is from something that is edible, then it's ok. If it's from something I would never eat, then use those in other ways.

Hubs is a bigger skeptic than me. He worries about even diffusing them. The other night, he had an allergic reaction to shrimp. I told him to put ONE drop of a particular oil on it. Well he applied about five. He said it tasted nasty. he said it burned and then went numb. Said it felt like a dentist had numbed him.

Things are nuts around here this weekend to. Tourist season has begun. Time to start hitting the local places nobody knows about.

The beach yesterday was quiet - weirdly quiet. Normally on a holiday weekend it's jam-packed, but we found easy parking at the beach we went to, walked right in and sat down in the restaurant when it was dinner time, and saw lots of vacancy signs at hotels and motels - kind of concerning. This is the start of the season and I was stunned that things weren't jam packed.

My brother in law died this morning. Between his end-stage memory loss, pneumonia, and the discovery by scan on Friday of an aggressive tumor his outlook was not promising. He breathed his last this morning. It's a mercy, really. His condition was the very definition of a losing battle. Neither he nor my sister were/are religious so I'm spared the dispensing of platitudes. So instead I raise my glass to a good and worthy man, father and husband, bon vivant, sports car racer, raconteur, businessman, and one hell of a nice guy. Rest in peace, Ray. Thanks for the love and for being lovable. Wherever you're headed may the bar be well stocked.

If people have even half of that to say about me at my passing I will have been a success in life indeed. Condolences to you and your family for your loss, Padre, and salut to Ray!

Most new age cures are proof of just how powerful the placebo effect really is.

I get stressed out before family gatherings... Seems the older I get, the more of a recluse I am. Well, I applied this Stress Away oil the other day, with some coconut oil, before we left. It smells good. We had Naomi's birthday party at my aunt's house becsuse the location is more convenient for everyone. It was the first time I used that oil and apparently it works. I missed my exit. Lol, Then, I almost turned on the wrong street...my aunt has lived in the same house my whole life and I've never missed her street. When I missed the exit, I didn't even care. Lol

So the oil made you an navigational idiot?

Your body will even habituate to small amounts of lethal iocaine powder that will allow you, over time, to ingest deadly amounts without deleterious effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom