::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Imagine yourself in a meadow full of wildflowers. The sun is warm on your face. Breezes ruffle through your WHO LEFT THE GODDAM LAUNDRY ALL OVER THE FLOOR AGAIN! THERE IS A NEW RULE IN THIS HOUSE! IF I FIND LAUNDRY ON THE FLOOR, I'M BURNING LAUNDRY! hair. You are surrounded by an aura of peace."
just like real life but without the F word.

They had to pull it off of a yearbook site.

When I started teaching I had all images pulled from Google. It's hard to find me on the internet. At least it's hard for the kids.

BTW. This is in no way a challenge for you to find pictures. I'm guessing they're out there, they just don't pop up on the first few pages of an image search.

They had to pull it off of a yearbook site.

When I started teaching I had all images pulled from Google. It's hard to find me on the internet. At least it's hard for the kids.

Says the man with his full name in his forum signature.

What do I need to get started? A smoker? You use a dehydrator, does it take up a lot of counterspace because I have zero to spare?

What cuts of meat work best in your opinion?

I had a post typed up and tried to add an image and it froze on me... :(

Anyway, 12"X12" space on the counter? But I don't recommend doing it in the kitchen as it can be loud depending on the dehydrator... I personally recommend doing it in the garage or a room that you can keep the door closed on as it will get fragrant as the meat dries.

As for cuts? I like top or bottom round for mine, top if I can get it, cheap and bottom if I can't... You mainly just want a meat that is extra lean and you can easily cut the fat off of before turning into strips. As for me I use ground beef as I find it to be more tender and I like that I don't have to marinade the beef, all of the ingredients are already in the meat mixed up. I use 85-98% lean from the butcher depending on the recipe. Once your beef is prepared it can take anywhwere from 6-8 hours depending on humidity and what is in the meat. I love it!

Here is what a jerky gun looks like, this is what I use on the ground beef to make it into strips:

7839914920536p

"Imagine yourself in a meadow full of wildflowers. The sun is warm on your face. Breezes ruffle through your WHO LEFT THE GODDAM LAUNDRY ALL OVER THE FLOOR AGAIN! THERE IS A NEW RULE IN THIS HOUSE! IF I FIND LAUNDRY ON THE FLOOR, I'M BURNING LAUNDRY! hair. You are surrounded by an aura of peace."

OMG This is totally Sally!

Anyway, 12"X12" space on the counter? But I don't recommend doing it in the kitchen as it can be loud depending on the dehydrator... I personally recommend doing it in the garage or a room that you can keep the door closed on as it will get fragrant as the meat dries.

As for cuts? I like top or bottom round for mine, top if I can get it, cheap and bottom if I can't... You mainly just want a meat that is extra lean and you can easily cut the fat off of before turning into strips. As for me I use ground beef as I find it to be more tender and I like that I don't have to marinade the beef, all of the ingredients are already in the meat mixed up. I use 85-98% lean from the butcher depending on the recipe. Once your beef is prepared it can take anywhwere from 6-8 hours depending on humidity and what is in the meat. I love it!

Here is what a jerky gun looks like, this is what I use on the ground beef to make it into strips:

7839914920536p

I was so sure this was an April Fools' gag, but holy crap, it's real!

7839914920536p

Cool.

thanks.

I have a smoker that I'll try before I purchase a dehydrator. I'd probably dry a lot of fruit if I had a dehydrator.

Use the REAL words Andy. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Don't make things dirty that aren't. Come on, haven't you read any articles on this? It's been addressed over and over again in parenting publications.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO lcl

Any special kind of dehydrator? Kind of meat? How to cut and flavor? Etc etc. I have a huge supply of venison.

Ground you mix directly in, I usually find hamburger recipes and edit them so there isn't things like cheddar cheese or flour in it... Stripped? Any marinade will do, I started out with an A1 marinade recipe for my beef and went from there. Make sure to marinate it for at least 12 hours on strips, ground requires no marinating :)

Cool.

thanks.

I have a smoker that I'll try before I purchase a dehydrator. I'd probably dry a lot of fruit if I had a dehydrator.

We have a dehydrator that we use to make jerky. Here lately, we have thought about drying fruit. We are eating healthier and we think it's time to make healthy snacks. My friend dried fruit and the one thing I have learned by watching what she does, is that it takes a WHOLE LOT OF FRUIT to get what looks like a substantial amount that will last a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom