::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool.

thanks.

I have a smoker that I'll try before I purchase a dehydrator. I'd probably dry a lot of fruit if I had a dehydrator.

If you have a smoker use it! You can do it! The internet has been a HUGE help with learning it, but feel free to ask me anytime!

Ground you mix directly in, I usually find hamburger recipes and edit them so there isn't things like cheddar cheese or flour in it... Stripped? Any marinade will do, I started out with an A1 marinade recipe for my beef and went from there. Make sure to marinate it for at least 12 hours on strips, ground requires no marinating :)

We will have to try the ground beef! I can't believe we never thought of that. We have made deer and beef jerky. Normally we make Teriyaki. I'd like to use a ginger marinade. I think Lawry's Sesame Ginger marinade would be tastey.

We have a dehydrator that we use to make jerky. Here lately, we have thought about drying fruit. We are eating healthier and we think it's time to make healthy snacks. My friend dried fruit and the one thing I have learned by watching what she does, is that it takes a WHOLE LOT OF FRUIT to get what looks like a substantial amount that will last a little while.

Very true... I don't do fruit and veggies much because of that...

We will have to try the ground beef! I can't believe we never thought of that. We have made deer and beef jerky. Normally we make Teriyaki. I'd like to use a ginger marinade. I think Lawry's Sesame Ginger marinade would be tastey.

OH! I totally forgot... Use your HANDS when you mix the ground beef, if you don't it's subpar...

That's not teriyaki :)

I need a good teriyaki recipe... I tried one but it didn't turn out good, I'm still trying to perfect it..

When Hubs gets home, I'll ask him where our recipe is and give it to you. It's his recipe. He's been making this stuff long before he met me.

I need a good teriyaki recipe... I tried one but it didn't turn out good, I'm still trying to perfect it..

You have to account for the moisture loss of the meat so your brine can't be all that salty because by the time the water is gone, the salt gets too concentrated.

Someone posted a pic of an Audi on FB (*Audi Japan) that has a rice cooker built into the console in the "limited" edition.

People are commenting.

People are dumb.

We have a dehydrator that we use to make jerky. Here lately, we have thought about drying fruit. We are eating healthier and we think it's time to make healthy snacks. My friend dried fruit and the one thing I have learned by watching what she does, is that it takes a WHOLE LOT OF FRUIT to get what looks like a substantial amount that will last a little while.

I love dried fruit, but I'm ambivalent about it as a snack. The drying process really concentrates the sugars, so a little bit of dried fruit is shockingly high in calories and carbs. Sure it's still better than potato chips or candy bars, but it's still rough on a diet.

Someone posted a pic of an Audi on FB (*Audi Japan) that has a rice cooker built into the console in the "limited" edition.

People are commenting.

People are dumb.

They sure are. Don't they realize the rice cooker goes under the hood?

I love dried fruit, but I'm ambivalent about it as a snack. The drying process really concentrates the sugars, so a little bit of dried fruit is shockingly high in calories and carbs. Sure it's still better than potato chips or candy bars, but it's still rough on a diet.

Personally, I'd rather eat fresh fruit. That's why I have never dried it. Hubs wants to try drying it because I would be easier for him to snack on, at work. It's more of a convenience thing. Plus, we think Naomi would like it. She needs the calories and carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom