::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome! I can just picture it.

I don't know if it was you or Nick that talked about aero-press coffee maker . . .

Either way. Thank you.

Bought one yesterday at a local coffee shop for the same price I see it advertised on Amazon.

Wonderful.

Smooth.

Still need to figure out the perfect amount of coffee grounds for me but so far I love it. Much easier to clean than a French press too!

QOTD: How much would you really want to know?
Say you could know everything, including all past events, the future, what people are thinking, about god, how much is too much? how much would ruin your life?

Not much. I love the exploration of history - it's like a treasure hunt, so to know all of history would be a disappointment. And to know the future and what people are thinking? No way. I'm not necessarily happy in my ignorance, but now way would I want to know all.

Go Andy Go! You looks super dooper!

I gained 10 lbs over the summer. I want to get that off by my birthday in December because that is when Midsummer's Nights Dream is.
It is cold so it made the home gym suck.
I put my in-town gym membership on hold because they wont let one of my kids sit and do homework in the waiting area. It makes no sense. I may rejoin when the weather is too cold.
I used the local free gym near my kids school. I drive them to school and then hit the gym.
All the equipment is so old that the diagrams all have feathered hair and Jane Fonda style leotards on and they have chains instead of cables and sound like a Roller Coaster when it clicks going up hill.
But it is free.
And it is warm.
And I usually have it all to myself.

Thanks and YOU CAN DO IT!!!

You're lokin' great Andy. I showed Shirley the pictures you posted she says you look younger. I don't know if you think so but that's a good thing.
Shirley has lost 87 pounds. She had more to spare than you. I am happy about this. She is at a much healthier weight. I'm selfish, I'd like for her to be around a long time. Me too for that matter.

I really do appreciate that! Tell her thanks and also tell her WAY TO GO! Seriously, that's an awesome feet and she should be very proud of that!

I don't know if it was you or Nick that talked about aero-press coffee maker . . .

Either way. Thank you.

Bought one yesterday at a local coffee shop for the same price I see it advertised on Amazon.

Wonderful.

Smooth.

Still need to figure out the perfect amount of coffee grounds for me but so far I love it. Much easier to clean than a French press too!

I use the Aero Press at work - it really is great. I'm glad you're enjoying it - I got one for Ben for Christmas a couple years ago but he's married to the French press and has never used it. I like the results with the Aero a lot better. The pack of filters that come with it last FOREVER, too - I've only had to buy one refill on filters in the three years I've been using it!

They "upgraded" our instant messaging system over the weekend.

Now it's not working at all.

Brilliant.

I use the Aero Press at work - it really is great. I'm glad you're enjoying it - I got one for Ben for Christmas a couple years ago but he's married to the French press and has never used it. I like the results with the Aero a lot better. The pack of filters that come with it last FOREVER, too - I've only had to buy one refill on filters in the three years I've been using it!

Oh.

I bought three packs of filters too. :)

Does it work better with espresso grind?

Sheryl got an amazing deal on Honeycrisp apples - 2nds that the farm couldn't sell to grocery stores. $.35/pound!

We bought 100 pounds of them and took them to my brother-in-law's house on Saturday - they have a cider press.

We pressed about 90 of the pounds (saved the very best ones for eating). Got 4 gallons of cider and had a ton of fun doing it. Ben and Emma ran the press while Sheryl and I cut the apples.

I have reserved 5 quarts for fermenting into grown-up cider...

Honeycrisp cider is really light and refreshing - when we've done this in the past we've used a bunch of different varieties - it's interesting to see how different (and GOOD!) the cider is by going with just one variety.
im determined to make it to apple picking this year. We went years ago when the kids were little and were so late in the season the trees were already bare. But we had a blast making cider with the guys who ran the place. They couldn't sell the hard stuff but they could give it away. They were fun people.

im determined to make it to apple picking this year. We went years ago when the kids were little and were so late in the season the trees were already bare. But we had a blast making cider with the guys who ran the place. They couldn't sell the hard stuff but they could give it away. They were fun people.

I just checked on our local place. It's already closed for the season.

Sheryl got an amazing deal on Honeycrisp apples - 2nds that the farm couldn't sell to grocery stores. $.35/pound!

We bought 100 pounds of them and took them to my brother-in-law's house on Saturday - they have a cider press.

We pressed about 90 of the pounds (saved the very best ones for eating). Got 4 gallons of cider and had a ton of fun doing it. Ben and Emma ran the press while Sheryl and I cut the apples.

Honeycrisp cider is really light and refreshing - when we've done this in the past we've used a bunch of different varieties - it's interesting to see how different (and GOOD!) the cider is by going with just one variety.

Yummm! Hard apple cider is heavenly!

I have never had trouble with Canada geese, but the lake near where I grew up had a small group of domestic geese who lived there - those things were about twice the size of the Canada geese and NASTY!

I have no idea what kind of geese these were. Probably domestic geese. They were psycho and were constantly around until it was cold.

There is something intrinsically fun about making apples into cider

QOTD: How much would you really want to know?
Say you could know everything, including all past events, the future, what people are thinking, about god, how much is too much? how much would ruin your life?

No. That would require too much responsibility. I'll leave all that to God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom