::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snap traps won't catch a mouse by the tail, unless he eats with his tail. They show that in cartoons because they don't want to acknowledge what they really do. They're designed to snap mousie's neck, and that's what they do, when they work. As mentioned earlier, there is no nice way to kill a critter, and this is at least fast and reliable, and the mouse won't see it coming.

I used catch-and-release traps in my old house, where we had quite the infestation. I would carry the mice blocks away and then watch them run as fast as they could back to the house when I released them.

Yep. The snap traps suck when they don't work right. There was one time when I heard one snap and heard the mouse flopping around in the cabinet space under the sink. It broke my heart that it wasn't instant, but it wasn't long. By the time I got to it, it was dead. It snapped over its back end. He wasn't trying to eat the peanut butter. I think it was obvious it tried to walk in it or something. But in all the years I've used snap traps, I only remember that happening once. I think they are the quickest and most humane way.

Yep. The snap traps suck when they don't work right. There was one time when I heard one snap and heard the mouse flopping around in the cabinet space under the sink. It broke my heart that it wasn't instant, but it wasn't long. By the time I got to it, it was dead. It snapped over its back end. He wasn't trying to eat the peanut butter. I think it was obvious it tried to walk in it or something. But in all the years I've used snap traps, I only remember that happening once. I think they are the quickest and most humane way.

Maybe get one of these?

desktop-1428724342.jpg

Snap traps won't catch a mouse by the tail, unless he eats with his tail. They show that in cartoons because they don't want to acknowledge what they really do. They're designed to snap mousie's neck, and that's what they do, when they work. As mentioned earlier, there is no nice way to kill a critter, and this is at least fast and reliable, and the mouse won't see it coming.

I used catch-and-release traps in my old house, where we had quite the infestation. I would carry the mice blocks away and then watch them run as fast as they could back to the house when I released them.
I caught a baby mouse in a trap by its tail once at my work. Seriously, I did. It must have run over the trap. I let it go.

And yes, those glue traps are terrible. At the same job I had to drown a rat that was suffering in one when I arrived at work one morning. It was horrible. This was 30 years ago. I couldn't do it now.

I played my uke last night. It was weird.

Good thing I have a couple weeks to brush up. :p

I went to a uke meet up last night too.

I sucked so bad the guy next to me showed me how to play a D7 and E7 and was very gracious in making me (the new guy) feel welcome (I hadn't played or been to this group since before NAMM).

I went to a uke meet up last night too.

I sucked so bad the guy next to me showed me how to play a D7 and E7 and was very gracious in making me (the new guy) feel welcome (I hadn't played or been to this group since before NAMM).

Did I bump in to you at NAMM? I can't remember...

Two hours of entering numbers on a spreadsheet on the computer. AAAASRRRRGHHHH!!!!! Hurts my brain. Hate doing this stuff.

Yes! I remember now! How could I forget that?

We will be in the bay this weekend. You around?

You should have come up next week and then gone to Jay's Uke Jam by the Bay (blueknight).

I think I'm around. Collected essays today so I'm grading as much as possible. School's out in a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom