::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll get it back!

I think I'm gonna try to join more random jam circles this year. I usually just chill with the same peeps the whole time and don't meet anyone new. I'm going to try to change that this year.

Yep. Best thing I ever did was to branch out by staying on the field. There's some really amazingly talented and interesting people there.

Regarding playing on stage; last year I had 5 songs I felt comfortable playing. By the time I got up there 4 had been performed by others, some of the amazingly. This year I've worked on a few standards but I've spent my practice time just working on two originals. I figure that way no one can play the song I want to perform. Ha!

Yep. Best thing I ever did was to branch out by staying on the field. There's some really amazingly talented and interesting people there.

Regarding playing on stage; last year I had 5 songs I felt comfortable playing. By the time I got up there 4 had been performed by others, some of the amazingly. This year I've worked on a few standards but I've spent my practice time just working on two originals. I figure that way no one can play the song I want to perform. Ha!

Meh, I'm not planning on going on stage unless someone asks me to. I'm not that in to playing my own set.

Faricelli said that last year. I think he says it every year. You shall see.

The thing is you have to actually be a pleasant person and walk around and say hello to people. Being there early in the day helps too.

Meh, I'm not planning on going on stage unless someone asks me to. I'm not that in to playing my own set.

I have to. Hadn't been up the since 2010. It was becoming a "problem" in my head. Since I don't play with the Wahines anymore my stage fright was really getting bad.
I'm sure Sukie saw it in Tampa. I was sick but besides that I could barely carry a tune when we were at JT's house. I was literally sweating. I really don't want to loose my nerve.

I have to. Hadn't been up the since 2010. It was becoming a "problem" in my head. Since I don't play with the Wahines anymore my stage fright was really getting bad.
I'm sure Sukie saw it in Tampa. I was sick but besides that I could barely carry a tune when we were at JT's house. I was literally sweating. I really don't want to loose my nerve.

I suffer from stage fright. It's ok. I'm alright with it. :)

I can't wait to hear the originals!

My problem is I get too comfortable hanging with everyone, and I get lazy to play. I also think I've gotten worse since my first year there, so I don't want to play with others and be reminded of it. I really need to get over myself and just have a good time and play a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom