Koa Pili Koko soprano ukulele,where can I buy one? I live in UK

Dave Johnson

Reaction score
Hi folks! :rolleyes:
I've just joined the forum.
I'm looking to buy a Koa Pili Koko ukulele. I have been looking for a vintage sounding uke, and after seeing videos of these on YouTube, I have decided to try and source one. I've been looking at the DeLuxe Soprani model, but would also consider the concert size.
Are they still made? I have e-mailed the company to see if they deliver to the UK, but have had no reply.
Can anyone help, or do you have one for sale?
Many thanks,
Dave

FYI, I have a concert, and it's a sound cannon. I got the long neck pineapple soprano and it's very quiet. Not much projection. Other's have had the same experience with a KPK soprano. I strongly recommend the concert size.

I bought my pineapple a few years ago from Jason, www.pilikoko.com. When you buy locally make sure the uke has the same headstock as on his site, rounded on the right side and coming to a point on the left side. At the time there were some european resellers that sold knock-offs with a different headstock but the same name.

Are they still made? I have e-mailed the company to see if they deliver to the UK, but have had no reply.

he seems to be notoriously slow to respond at times...

I say this at least one or two times a week, it seems, but I LOVE my Koa Pili Koko deluxe tenor. It is gorgeous in sound and looks. Amazing wood, amazing workmanship, and the sound is gorgeous. My husband has taken it from me, since I prefer concert size, so now I want to get the same ukulele in concert size. You have made a great choice!!!

FYI, I have a concert, and it's a sound cannon. I got the long neck pineapple soprano and it's very quiet. Not much projection. Other's have had the same experience with a KPK soprano. I strongly recommend the concert size.

Woot. I want one in concert size so badly!!!

I still have the ebony nut and saddle and Aquila strings on my concert. I'm hoping to find some strings that will do for my KPK soprano pineapple what Aquilas won't. Lots of sopranos with slightly "heavy" construction suffer in comparisons to their larger siblings.

I bought my pineapple a few years ago from Jason, www.pilikoko.com. When you buy locally make sure the uke has the same headstock as on his site, rounded on the right side and coming to a point on the left side. At the time there were some european resellers that sold knock-offs with a different headstock but the same name.

I've just noticed there is one on eBay - a pineapple Deluxe with the different headstock but same name.

I've just noticed there is one on eBay - a pineapple Deluxe with the different headstock but same name.
Definitely not one of Jason. I'm not sure if that's one of Ken Chiang. I don't know how his headstock looks, the link for Melokia doesn't work and if a google Melokia I see all different kinds of headstocks.

Found the website, www.melokiaukuleles.com. These also have a different kind of headstock and Melokia on the headstock, not Koa Pili Koko like the one on Ebay. Considering the soundhole-sticker with hotmailadres, I guess it's a knock-off.

Top Bottom