UUBL: Reborn!

Today is my day too! I was doing super good, went to Washington DC, and just have not been right since. I have not been bad, but maintaining what I added over that weekend and not losing.
I was still working out.
But if I can get 5 lbs down before the UK it would do a lot for my waist line. I am holding a lot of weight along my middle.

I am also cutting out soda.
I love soda.
I miss soda.
But I need to be off it.
I went off in January and felt great.

Diet Cola and Black coffee (or occasionally coffee with a touch of cream and liquid splenda) are my sweet-vices. I need the caffeine to function, and I eat clean 99% of the rest of the time.
If that's my vice... I'll deal :)

Diet Cola and Black coffee (or occasionally coffee with a touch of cream and liquid splenda) are my sweet-vices. I need the caffeine to function, and I eat clean 99% of the rest of the time.

I can't do the diet drinks. The sugar substitutes make me feel horrible. I don't mess with them. I realize that for folks with diabetes, you have to use sugar substitutes. The only one I have found that doesn't make me sick or get a bad headache is Splenda...and I simply don't like it. I just need to cut sugar out.

I've been living on eggs lately... I finally sourced some pasture raised local eggs. They're SO tasty. I have the 'plain' white eggs for regular cooking, but when I want to eat a scramble... It's just 2 of those and a healthy pat of salted butter. I have organic 'vegetarian' raised eggs... but they're nowhere near as good. Chickens need to eat bugs and seeds and you know... floor things to make those yummy yellow yolks and delightfully creamy whites...

I need a chicken. Like seriously.

I love having chickens! I love my hens. They are fun! You should get some.

I can't do the diet drinks. The sugar substitutes make me feel horrible. I don't mess with them. I realize that for folks with diabetes, you have to use sugar substitutes. The only one I have found that doesn't make me sick or get a bad headache is Splenda...and I simply don't like it. I just need to cut sugar out.

Have you tried Stevia?

I haven't had gnocchi in AGES. I miss it sometimes.

I wonder if there's a cauliflower gnocchi thing...

This one looks interesting!

image.axd

I blew my streak over easter. Admittedly I really fouled up... it was painful, and I am NEVER screwing up that bad again ever.

I know I sound preachy... but man... I USED to feel like that every day... What the F was I thinking living like that... I'm really glad I'm making the moves towards better health.

I woke up on Wednesday feeling the best I've EVER felt in a LONG TIME... I've woke up refreshed the last 3 days, it's amazing. I TOTALLY understand what you mean!

Have you tried bulletproof coffee? AMAZING! (At least my version is...)

Have you tried liquid Splenda? I like regular Splenda... But the liquid tastes better IMO.

I use a liquid sucralose- called EZ Sweetz. It comes in a little dropper bottle. I like it because it is truly carb free. Splenda packets are 1 carb each from the maltodextrin they put in it to make it granular.

Have you tried Stevia?

Nope. I've not heard anything too great about it. I get really really sick from some fake sugars. I'm scared to try new ones because I don't want to go through the sickness if it hits.

I thought it'd be fun to share something inspirational... because we all need inspiration sometimes.

This is the 21 point Project Me Passport. I learned about it in a weight loss support group and I really like it. I find it helps me to think about where I am, where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Project Me Passport

1. I admit I love food and I am addicted to it
  2. My weight bothers me and I know it's not healthy
  3. I am overweight for the most part because I overeat and don't exercise enough
  4. I have blamed many people and many things for my fat but I must admit that I am to blame, I hold the fork
  5. I forgive those who have made fun of me, judge me or put me down because of my weight
  6. I forgive myself and forget about all the times I tried before
  7. Today I will make time for myself, I will eat healthy and I will exercise
  8. I will not ignore, hide from, or avoid food. I will face food and not lean on it
  9. I realize food has no power and will never solve any of my problems-past, present and future
  10. I will be patient with myself and will not become compulsive and obsessed with losing weight and exercising
  11. If I didn't do great yesterday, i will try harder tomorrow
  12. I will take a daily inventory and be truthful with myself
  13. I know now there are no easy ways to do this. I know the only way to achieve my goal is through exercise, eating healthy, and staying motivated
  14. I will use my sense of humor today, for it heals loneliness, depression, insecurity and boredom
  15. This time I am doing this for me
  16. I am a terrific person and I like myself right now, no matter what I weigh
  17. The next time I have a craving for anything I know is fattening or I am tempted not to exercise, I will think about the new me, and I will be strong
  18. I will take a look in the mirror and say, "I am going to have a great day!"
  19. I have a very positive outlook about my life
  20. I am doing it! I am going all the way!
  21. I am worth it!

Nope. I've not heard anything too great about it. I get really really sick from some fake sugars. I'm scared to try new ones because I don't want to go through the sickness if it hits.

It's not fake, it's derived from a plant. Nothing like Splenda or equal. Seriously, try a small amount. It doesn't do the same thing that aspartame does to our bodies.

It's not fake, it's derived from a plant. Nothing like Splenda or equal. Seriously, try a small amount. It doesn't do the same thing that aspartame does to our bodies.

I think it's that 'planty' flavor that gets me... it's a little bitter, a little greenish. They say if you cut it with erythritol (swerve is a popular brand name) or buy it premixed (truvia) it's not as noticeable.

I'm thinking my plateau is finally reaching it's end! Woohoo!

230.2. Wahoo! 50.2 to go to goal!

Top Bottom