Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UUBL: Reborn!

Default UUBL: Reborn!

So I've been thinking... The format for UU Biggest Loser is something that works in the short term, but I want something long term... So I was thinking, what it we re-format it, short challenges from time to time, but mainly have somewhere we can talk about nutrition, workouts that we like, things we don't, you know, your normal getting to a better you discussion thread! We can have contests, but not a big one like we used to. Thoughts?
    -Andy

YouTube|Twitter|E-Mail|The Blog|Facebook
    They're all snipes. Usually Seeso snipes them. He just tried it but didn't get it. HA! -sukie
    Katie replied, "You poho people are like drug addicts and you're each others drugs".- salukulady

Quote Originally Posted by UkuleleHill View Post
    So I've been thinking... The format for UU Biggest Loser is something that works in the short term, but I want something long term... So I was thinking, what it we re-format it, short challenges from time to time, but mainly have somewhere we can talk about nutrition, workouts that we like, things we don't, you know, your normal getting to a better you discussion thread! We can have contests, but not a big one like we used to. Thoughts?
    Count me in!

Sounds good to me.
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    " Playing a small instrument shouldn't make you small-minded." --Ronin
    "Going to a field in a rural area to meet people you met on the internet? What could be wrong with that." --Ukulelerob

KoAloha ksm-00 Soprano, Paulele K-BUS Bamboo Soprano, Kanaloa KS-P Soprano Pineapple, Ukadelic Purple KA-SSWIRLS Soprano, Waikiki WCR-70 Concert Camp

9:23688

Awesome! Let's talk strategy! What are you all doing, what's your goals? I'll start first:

I am currently at 210 lbs and looking to be down to 175-180 or 190 trimmed. I'm currently counting calories (as that's what I have noticed works best for me) but I am trying to keep under certain goals on the amount of carbs, sodium, cholesterol and the likes. I am walking 3 times a week and doing body weight and resistance training 3 times a week. I rest on Sundays and once I get back into my counting groove I will not count calories on Sundays as a "cheat" day.
    -Andy

They're all snipes. Usually Seeso snipes them. He just tried it but didn't get it. HA! -sukie
    Katie replied, "You poho people are like drug addicts and you're each others drugs".- salukulady

I think I can pop on in from time to time

Well, a touch about me... I found out I had type 2 diabetes last year, and I was eh hem.. more plump than what would have suited a 9 foot tall human.
    So.. Yeah, I decided to 'get healthy' instead of continuing to yoyo.

I am aiming to hit around 180 as my primary weight loss goal, but right alongside that my wellness goal is to keep my A1c (that's just a blood test that measures sugar control) in the normal range (mine is currently a 5.4, down from a 11.1 when I got my 'beetus diagnosis)

This morning on the scale I weighed in at 231, down from an all-time post-baby high of 324 in January 2014. I currently count calories, and eat a low-carb/moderate protein/healthy fats diet. (it's an anti inflammatory diet- aka keto, or a rather modified 'atkins-esque' style diet.) It really was a major lifestyle change. I don't really do cheat days, more like an occasional cheat item, cheat days mess my sugars up too much.

As for exercise, I wear a bodymedia armband to measure my activity, but I don't set aside time for much scheduled exercise. I log between 7 and 10k steps a day most days between school and work, some days it's less, some its more, as with anything else. I tend to eat less on lower activity days. I do go to school full time, and work full time... my hard spots are with my kids- they eat me out of house and home. Some days it feels like they never stop eating! hehe. I do tend to do "Baby plyometrics"- Body weight exercises while holding a 30+ lb kid. Squats with kids on shoulder.... baby presses... Baby bench press.. (and when they get ornery and do that boneless sink to the floor, the baby deadlift )

Kala KA-SC,PonoMC-E,TenorFluke,EleukeCC100,BushmanJennyTenor,Kala Kiwi,MakaiLK-50W
    I am a tree nut, You are a tree nut, I am the Cashew, Goo goo ja joob. Read my blog here. (warning, it's all health related)

Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
    I think I can pop on in from time to time

Well, a touch about me... I found out I had type 2 diabetes last year, and I was eh hem.. more plump than what would have suited a 9 foot tall human.
    So.. Yeah, I decided to 'get healthy' instead of continuing to yoyo.

I am aiming to hit around 180 as my primary weight loss goal, but right alongside that my wellness goal is to keep my A1c (that's just a blood test that measures sugar control) in the normal range (mine is currently a 5.4, down from a 11.1 when I got my 'beetus diagnosis)

This morning on the scale I weighed in at 231, down from an all-time post-baby high of 324 in January 2014. I currently count calories, and eat a low-carb/moderate protein/healthy fats diet. (it's an anti inflammatory diet- aka keto, or a rather modified 'atkins-esque' style diet.) It really was a major lifestyle change. I don't really do cheat days, more like an occasional cheat item, cheat days mess my sugars up too much.

As for exercise, I wear a bodymedia armband to measure my activity, but I don't set aside time for much scheduled exercise. I log between 7 and 10k steps a day most days between school and work, some days it's less, some its more, as with anything else. I tend to eat less on lower activity days. I do go to school full time, and work full time... my hard spots are with my kids- they eat me out of house and home. Some days it feels like they never stop eating! hehe. I do tend to do "Baby plyometrics"- Body weight exercises while holding a 30+ lb kid. Squats with kids on shoulder.... baby presses... Baby bench press.. (and when they get ornery and do that boneless sink to the floor, the baby deadlift )
    Feeling inspired, humbled and weak in will after reading your post.

Congratulations on the results of your hard work.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

After dropping 16 pounds already, I still need to lose 40 pounds to be at a weight I'm happy with. I have cut calories and trying to get back into an exercise routine. I get discouraged and cave in to comfort food. This thread may just be the motivation and accountability I need.

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post

Gary... I am not an inspiration. Ha. I'm just doing corrective maintenance.

To quote Martin Yan.... If Yan Can Do it... You can too!
    Last edited by cashew; 03-31-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Kala KA-SC,PonoMC-E,TenorFluke,EleukeCC100,BushmanJennyTenor,Kala Kiwi,MakaiLK-50W
    I am a tree nut, You are a tree nut, I am the Cashew, Goo goo ja joob. Read my blog here. (warning, it's all health related)

IMG_1884.jpgScreen Shot 2015-03-04 at 10.29.53 PM.jpg

The first pic is me at the beginning, probably june 2014, before I got my DM2 Diagnosis, so I was probably in the realm of 320. The second one, was Valentines 2015, I was about 230.

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post

You can do it to Gary! It's all about finding what works for you! Sometimes the scale doesn't show it but the belt size does, don't be discouraged!
    -Andy

Thread Information