Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UUBL: Reborn!

I'm starting to look at macros for Net Carbs, Fat and Protein... Wondering if that's what you all are doing? If so, what are your ratios? I tried Keto for a bit but it threw me into the Keto flu and it just didn't go away... I couldn't handle it!
    -Andy

YouTube|Twitter|E-Mail|The Blog|Facebook
    They're all snipes. Usually Seeso snipes them. He just tried it but didn't get it. HA! -sukie
    Katie replied, "You poho people are like drug addicts and you're each others drugs".- salukulady

Quote Originally Posted by UkuleleHill View Post
    I'm starting to look at macros for Net Carbs, Fat and Protein... Wondering if that's what you all are doing? If so, what are your ratios? I tried Keto for a bit but it threw me into the Keto flu and it just didn't go away... I couldn't handle it!
    I try to carb cycle, but usually end up not eating enough. I am thinking of in general only eating whole food for awhile. It eliminated impulse eating and is hard to eat unhealthy. Nothing processed. Everything from the outside area of the grocery store. But in general I cut my carbs and seem to do well. But then I just came back from Washington DC and though I was not too terrible, I did not like what it did with my weight. But I think a lot was salt intake and it is leveling back out! But it put me a little behind in my before UWC goal

www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You, my darling, are batpoo insane. -- Yewie You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

I still don't understand macros, really. And I eat some garbage every day. I allow 250 calories a day for just trash. Gotta live a little.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    I try to carb cycle, but usually end up not eating enough. I am thinking of in general only eating whole food for awhile. It eliminated impulse eating and is hard to eat unhealthy. Nothing processed. Everything from the outside area of the grocery store. But in general I cut my carbs and seem to do well. But then I just came back from Washington DC and though I was not too terrible, I did not like what it did with my weight. But I think a lot was salt intake and it is leveling back out! But it put me a little behind in my before UWC goal
    So what carb range do you use? I'm not sure about the low carbs like Keto and Atkins... I'm thinking more like somewhere around 100-150 net carbs? Or is that too much? That's what I am wondering...
    -Andy

They're all snipes. Usually Seeso snipes them. He just tried it but didn't get it. HA! -sukie
    Katie replied, "You poho people are like drug addicts and you're each others drugs".- salukulady

Quote Originally Posted by cashew View Post
    Attachment 78010Attachment 78011

The first pic is me at the beginning, probably june 2014, before I got my DM2 Diagnosis, so I was probably in the realm of 320. The second one, was Valentines 2015, I was about 230.
    You're pretty tall too, right Cash?
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    I still don't understand macros, really. And I eat some garbage every day. I allow 250 calories a day for just trash. Gotta live a little.
    I've been watching sugar intake and I cheated a bit last night because I was calorie poor and there was pumpkin pie... I ate a piece and you would not believe the sugar rush I had! It felt like I was pinging off the walls...
    -Andy

Okay I'm in. 50lbs to go.

On myfitnesspal. Recording my intake is super important for me. Friend me. I'm salukulady there too.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    You're pretty tall too, right Cash?
    Kinda, 5'8".

Kala KA-SC,PonoMC-E,TenorFluke,EleukeCC100,BushmanJennyTenor,Kala Kiwi,MakaiLK-50W
    I am a tree nut, You are a tree nut, I am the Cashew, Goo goo ja joob. Read my blog here. (warning, it's all health related)

If mfp would actually load today, I'd tell you my macros. It is SO slow. (I ate a bunch-eg way too much-- eggplant, and I wanna log it, but it is taking FOREVER lately.)

I try to stay around 5% Carbs, 30% Protein and 65% fat, at 1500 calories a day, so... that's about 19ish grams of carbs, 125 grams of fat, and 75 grams of protein.

I also drink like a fish. (to properly keto, you need to love water more than Michael Phelps.)

Kala KA-SC,PonoMC-E,TenorFluke,EleukeCC100,BushmanJennyTenor,Kala Kiwi,MakaiLK-50W
    I am a tree nut, You are a tree nut, I am the Cashew, Goo goo ja joob. Read my blog here. (warning, it's all health related)

I've been watching sugar intake and I cheated a bit last night because I was calorie poor and there was pumpkin pie... I ate a piece and you would not believe the sugar rush I had! It felt like I was pinging off the walls...
    Andy... I ate crap for easter... and ended up sick for most of monday. Like so sick I couldn't go to school- just from the headache and body-aches from eating that much carbohydrate.
    (I had 3 pierogies, a couple M&Ms, and 2 chocolate truffles.) Bleh.
    Bleh.

'Beetus sucks.

Thread Information