How well do Fremont Blacklines hold tune?

bobe

Reaction score
Just put on my first set of Fremont Blackline tenor strings last week and they keep going flat after a few hours.
The strings that originally came on my used BBT (looked like Aquila) were quite stable by contrast.
Did I get a bad set of Fremont Blacklines or do they tend to take a long time to settle???

Thanks in advance for any insight shared.

As other fluorocarbon strings, I think the Fremont just take a couple of weeks of constant retuning in order to stretch. I have recently replaced some Worth Browns with the Fremont Blackline and quite like the sound, look and feel.

My favorite strings: Japanese-made Fremont Blacklines. 2 weeks to hold tune, then solid as the teeth on a comb.

#fremontblackline

Great strings. A set of low g's "transformed" my Son's Mainland long neck concert pineapple into a full and rich sounding instrument.

I love Fremonts. Like the others have said though, they do take some time to settle in. I think my last set took about 3 weeks to finally settle, but then they were solid as a rock.

Yep, they do take little more time to finally settle In. Once they do though, they stay there.

The strings that originally came on my used BBT (looked like Aquila) were quite stable by contrast.
Basically, all new strings can take from a few days to a couple weeks to settle in, depending on how much you play.

But you said you bought the uke used, which says to me that the strings were already broken in when you got it.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!
Been using Aquila's in the past and they seem to settle in faster.
I do like to sound of the Fremont Blacklines better than the Aquila's on this uke!

I used Freemont's Blacklines for a couple years. I liked the tension and they sounded very good on my Kamaka Tenor.

The only draw back as mentioned in previous posts is that they take a week or longer to stretch and stay tuned. (they stretch a lot)

I play a lot and was changing my strings every 8 weeks which was frustrating for the first week on so til they settled down..

Because of this, I have returned back to using Worth CT's which are similar in diameter and tension, but they do not require as much time to "settle in".

Top Bottom