Chordious 2.0 Preview

JonThysell

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've posted in the past when I've released new versions of my chord diagram generator, Chordious.

Today I've announced the preview of Chordious 2. It's incomplete, and Windows-only at the moment, but there's a lot there and I'm looking for feedback, bugs, etc.

chordious1.9preview1.jpg

The new version supports custom instruments and tunings, finding both chords and scales, and all kinds of custom styling.

If you're interested, check out the kick-off blog post: Try out the Chordious 2 Preview for Windows.

Thanks,

/jon

Hi, Jon!

Thank you for sharing Chordious. It is great chord diagram generator. I use it not only ukulele but also baritone, guitar and guitalele.

After update 2.0.2, Chordious doesn't quit properly, and it's process still working on background in my computer. I have to kill the old process by task manager fist, when I start up it again.
My computer is Windows 7. Is this just my computer's problem?

New responses in old threads are dangerous. As a person teaching ukulele in the classroom, chord generators to images would be a great tool (which I can do in printed music easily with Notion for Mac/Win). Then I noticed that Chordious is Win only, and the Chordious site dates back to 2015--as well as this post!

New responses in old threads are dangerous. As a person teaching ukulele in the classroom, chord generators to images would be a great tool (which I can do in printed music easily with Notion for Mac/Win). Then I noticed that Chordious is Win only, and the Chordious site dates back to 2015--as well as this post!

If you look in the archive menu on the right, you'll find that the site was updated in March 2017, and the version on the download page is 2.03 which is the latest version (released in March). So it is up to date and the programmer is actively engaged in this project. Also, a cursory security scan found no issue with the installer or the process, so I wouldn't be so quick to put the label "dangerous" on it.

I personally find this app to be quite helpful. In my not-so-busy time at work, I often put together chord sheets and downloading tabs for practice at home. This app can assist with me coming up with printable practice sessions and such. Very handy!

Thanks to JonThysell for the cool program!

Yes Chordious is still active with a road-map of features ahead of it, but my son was born right before the official release of 2.0, so with the baby Chordious has become a kind of a "whenever I can squeeze in the time" project. Same thing with playing the uke these days. :(

That said, the app is pretty stable and feature-rich at present - I'm currently focusing more on documentation and tutorials than adding new features. In fact I hope to continue with the video tutorials soon:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoPy3RCyjksyGWUTsqT0_9NX4DfIBZBNg[/video]

Top Bottom