Honolulu UAS and the cure

Ukulele Lab is close to you.

307 Lewers St
Ste 702
Honolulu, HI 96815
Waikiki

That place looks cool!

Looking for suggestions Sukie! Already checked out ABC and plan to look at Walmart. Maybe even some of the uke stores. There's gotta be the RIGHT one for me here! :)

Well, at least you are looking in all the right places!!!

Great thread Phil.....most people are really trying to help haha...:) good luck on the Big Island.....I have a feeling you are going to be happy and very lucky

Are you doing any tours? Kamaka, KoAloha? They have lovely ukuleles.

I have done the Kanile'a and KoAloha tours. Both very nice! I'd like to do the Kamaka one too. We will be "touring" the Big Island a bit on Tuesday!

Ukulele Lab is close to you.

307 Lewers St
Ste 702
Honolulu, HI 96815
Waikiki

That place looks cool!

I tried to stop in there on the trip last year and they had odd hours, don't open until noon or something. I'll give them another whirl too. The hunt is a lot of the fun. And there aren't "uke" stores back home.

That's why I try to avoid going to Town when I'm in Hawaii!

BTW, the ABC stores have some great food, decent tourist stuff, great prices on wine.

And try to get to the Kona brewpub over on East side, too. It is a great stop after doing the Diamond Head climb.

bobinde

Last edited:
I have bought three palm tree uses there for grandchildren. Couple play good with Aqila strings but take your tuner in store & tune them up & choose the best one. $19.95 is good for display cabinet also with that cutout. Have fun

I still have my Hawaii Christmas ornaments and fridge magnets from the ABC store visit we made on our honeymoon. Lots of treasures there besides ukuleles.

Okay, I admit it, I was doing a little fooling around with this thread, but I've made a choice! The ABC offerings were tempting but I think most everyone will agree this one was a far Bettah choice. That's my 1955 Beetle featured on the headstock. :)

The amazing work of Chuck Moore, my new Moore Bettah!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS! Amazing what you can find when you shop around. Was this one of those Aloha Stadium flea market finds? Love the Beetles. Both the one on the headstock and the ladybug on the octave. The beveled armrest is sweet too. Enjoy!

Congratulations, Phil - it's gorgeous! This is is the perfect example of why it's often best to shop around a bit and not buy the first one or or two or ten you see. I'm so happy for you.

Hey Phil, that is one beautiful uke! Gotta ask, where did you find her?

Awesome uke! ABC has gotta up their game big time.

Top Bottom