Season 165 - Ups & Downs

Portland Ukers – Won’t Back Down - This looks like a good time fellas. It makes me wish I lived in Portland! I don't think there is another Seasonista in my state! Nice work by Ralf playing bass and mouth guitar simultaneously!

AlanDP – Movin’ On Up - Great song choice! I did this one the last time that I hosted a Season. That was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I used to imitate George Jefferson. Good times Alan.....good times. (.....wait that's another show!)

RAB11 – Stop Breaking Down - I love this song and I loved your performance of it! Very energetic - I was picturing Jack White doing it. Now I want to go play it. Thanks for bringing this one Ryan!

WGY – Woke Up This Morning - With you I always expect the unexpected. I feel like I just watched the Little Rascals with a techno soundtrack. I am always amazed at how tech savvy and creative you are.

Jazzbanjorex - Prop Me Up....Another song that's new to me. I have to say Rex, that I think you get more requests than anyone else and it's not surprising because you are such a good singer and player and this is a great example of that!

Harry122 - Button Up Your Overcoat - Love it Randy. I like the addition of the extra tracks - especially the Tuba - I wish I had one! It all went together perfectly for this song, which is great for the uke. It really brings out the fun factor of the instrument. Mostly I enjoyed watching you really enjoy yourself. Great performance!

Last edited:
Ouch that sucks Brian. Is it mechanical failure (click, click click trying to seek) or data corruption or what?

If the heads and platters aren't damaged they can usually read things by swapping the controller.

I'm no data recovery expert but I did manage to image a failing drive using the old freezer technique. Pull it, bag it chill it, connect it to an external drive interface and fire up a low level drive image program. I think I actually bagged it and kept it on ice while I made the image. That was a hair raising experience.

UkeFoote – Don’t Bring Me Down - That was really cool Brian. I wouldn't have thought about this for the uke, but damn that worked out great. I've gotta go play it now. Sorry about your tech problems, but I am thankful that you had this to share with us!

BigDaddyUker – I’m Gonna Sit Right Down….-No need for practice - the shouting kids and dog just add to the charm of the video. Thanks for the pointing tribute and kudos on the Woody hat. You performed quite well under stress too, so extra credit all around!

I think at the moment I am caught up. If I have missed commenting or adding your vid to the playlist, please lemme know so I can fix it. Great start so far everyone - thanks for playing!

Jazzbanjorex - Up a Lazy River - Wah Wah Wah. I love this old classic and play it all the time. I like the gravelly vocals in this one. Wah Wah Wah.

Jazzbanjorex - Lick It Up - This is too funny Rex. From one moment to the next you go from the old standard of Lazy River to a Kiss tune - you are a human jukebox! So far you have 3 "up" songs. I wonder if you will bring any "down" songs.?

Last edited:
SOTU #165 - Down To My Last Cigarette (#3)

Not quite as sad as being Down To Seeds and Stems Again, but this is still pretty sad.

It's interesting that whenever I choose a thumbnail to appear on my video, I get this grey screen instead.

It's interesting that whenever I choose a thumbnail to appear on my video, I get this grey screen instead.
1. try going back to the edit your vid page, and pick a different thumbnail, and save changes

2. go back to your main videos page and see if it shows

repeat these 2 steps until a thumbnail shows

or until you lose the will to live

whichever happens soonest

This one sort of popped into my brain as I was browsing stuff I've been meaning to learn and this album by Jack Johnson is definitely on my list. The Curious George album by Jack and Friends is full of cool stuff like this title track "Upside Down" I hope you enjoy it. The opening bit is guitar, don't worry though! all the tasty bits are ukulele!

SOTU 165 Ups and Downs: The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

This song was produced by the Band in 1969. It has been a perennial favorite at campfire circles ever since.

SOTU 165 Ups and Downs: Up on Cripple Creek

Up on Cripple Creek refers to a town, not a stream. Its a Goldmining town on Pikes Peak. Its elevation is over 9,400 feet.

WGY – Woke Up This Morning - With you I always expect the unexpected. I feel like I just watched the Little Rascals with a techno soundtrack. I am always amazed at how tech savvy and creative you are.

Children born in or around 1938-39 in Britton South Dakota.
They all must be in their 80's now. They all look so innocent and don't
know how to behave in front of a camera. Some look perplexed, some
look coy, some bewildered, and none of them are thinking about
getting themselves a gun. Where do people learn about that???

Last edited:
According to the airline I work for and military time, the day starts at 0000 and ends at 2359. I don't split hairs but I am sure someone on this site will give you more that you ever hoped for or dreamed possible.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Top Bottom