James Hill Ukulele Teacher Certification program- Anyone know anything about it?

Sorry for thread resurrection, but I was wondering how this went. I've started teaching lessons in my area, and I'm strongly considering going through the certifications to give myself a bit more authority when presenting myself as a teacher.

Sorry for thread resurrection, but I was wondering how this went. I've started teaching lessons in my area, and I'm strongly considering going through the certifications to give myself a bit more authority when presenting myself as a teacher.

Yes, Petey, let us know how it all went! If it were closer to me, I would do it, even starting in level 1 continuing through the ranks. I don't mind paying my dues to learn more about such a great instrument! Canada is just too far right now. I wish the courses could be completed online, via SmartMusic or some other music interface software.

I think if you're a good teacher students will come regardless of 'certification'. Our club leader Moses Kamai of NVUS in Reston VA has completed the JH course but he hasn't talked much about it. He taught us a few things about timing and how to 'read' it with notation. He said that you (one) can not pick up the subtle changes in a strum pattern without knowing the 'language' of the notation of timing but, I disagree. I can usually watch a player and repeat their actions for strum/chunk/timing, etc. At least close enough to satisfy me. I'm not going to be a pro player on stage. Though I wish I could take the course, just because, finances don't agree :) I love James Hill and his magic!

Top Bottom