Hard Case

loco85

Reaction score
H!, I look for this answer but could not find one. Do you know a hard case that will fit the Lanikai LU22TS? I am looking at: Stagg GCX-UKT-GD, Armored TC-150, Eddy Finn Hippie HC, there is a generic one that is like Yellow Tweed also.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

you might want to take your uke to a store and test fits.
not all "sizes" are the same.
Like.. the pono tenor case is a little smaller than the oahu tenor case... which is something I wouldn't have guessed.
Also.. will depend on if you want a tighter or looser fit.

I got the Musician's Gear case for my Luna concert, which came with a gig bag. It is well made, but it did take months before the off-gassing dissipated to where it was not smelly on opening. I liked that it had three locks. At the time, the concert size was the least expensive and it looks like that is still true.

I also got the Luna hard foam case from Musicians Friend - for a non Luna soprano, so go figure. It has a shoulder/backpack combo strap as well as a handle. I really like how versatile it is. I carried it all over Central Park and the New York subway last summer. It is a zipper closure with a velcro cover for both zippers when zipped to the middle of the case. If I can talk myself into the AO soprano, I will probably use that case for it - my Silvertone is in it now. No smell, but you do get that Luna logo on the top pocket. I picked up a fat quarter piece of cloth from JoAnns Fabric for 75 cents to sew over the logo on the pocket - not sure if it will look dorky. Sewing is not my strong suit.

It does not look like Musician's Friend has the tenor case in stock, but Luna has it on their site. It does not show the logo. http://www.lunaguitars.com/TOC/lunacases.php#gigbags

Last edited:
I own an Eddy Finn Hippie hard case myself and your uke appears to be a standard size, so I'd say yes, it probably would. It's a generous enough size to also fit my new Luna 8 string with that much bigger headstock. (I didn't think it would fit but it does - just.)

However, make sure you can return the case if it doesn't fit before you buy it. Most shops will understand and let you do that.

Tenor Hard Cases

After some research I went with the Stagg, although my first choise was the Amored then Eddy Finn, because is the longer. These are the dimensions I found:
Stagg 710x250x80 ~$55.00
E Finn 698.5x241.34x79 ~$59.00
Armored 685.8x254x76.2 ~65.00
Yellow 710x270x80 (generic from ebay) ~$40.00

Thanks

I own an Eddy Finn Hippie hard case myself and your uke appears to be a standard size, so I'd say yes, it probably would. It's a generous enough size to also fit my new Luna 8 string with that much bigger headstock. (I didn't think it would fit but it does - just.)

However, make sure you can return the case if it doesn't fit before you buy it. Most shops will understand and let you do that.

Hi Calypso,

Just wondered if you were happy with the strength of the eddy finn Hippie case and particularly the handle and latches.

I'm looking at getting a hard case for my soprano ohana with friction pegs and am wavering between this and a kinsman. They are both available for about £25 at the moment.

I'd appreciate your opinion.

Martin

Top Bottom