strings for Kanile'a concert...

Yeah, I've had Living Waters on for 6 mos. and still loving them, can't believe it's been that long! Time for a new set! Have a friend with a tenor Kanile'a and she uses Living Waters with low G and she loves them too.

I use Oasis warm with a Fremont Soloist LowG on my concert Kanilea......I like the feel and the the thickness of the Oasis the Living waters feel kind of thin to me.....but that could be just me....:)

oops did not know this was an old thread....

Last edited:
I have used Worth Clear and Living Water on my Kanile'a Super Concert! I love the sparkly sound. When I first got my Kanile'a, I tried it in low G tuning, but switched back to re-entrant because it just sounded so much better in that tuning. It sounded fine, but just lost part of that magical spark I love so much.

–Lori

My Living Waters were getting a bit frayed in places and the A string was buzzing a little, since I don't have another set on hand I installed a set of Ko'olau Alohis. Someone said in another thread somewhere that they were similar to Living Waters...well, not really. The Alohis are thick and stiff but they sound good and they look kind of cool! They're a kind of a clear smoky purpley color ;-D. I'll certainly order some Living Waters, but the Alohis will work for a while. Seems like the Living waters are softer and maybe a little brighter. Too bad Living Waters are only available from England or Georgia. Actually, most strings other than Martins and Aquilas are only available online.

Top Bottom