Aloha From Wenzhou, China!

LittleCeci

Reaction score
Aloha everybody, I am from Wenzhou, a small city in southeast of China. My hometown is 4.5 hours by train from Shanghai. I guess lots of UU members know Shanghai, right?:eek:

This is my first thread so I want to introduce myself to all of you. I am a HR Specailist of Performance Management in my company. About a year ago, I saw a lovely ukulele was for sale on Taobao (a Chinese shopping website), and I felt it might be the right instrument for me to play, so I bought one.

Afterwards, I fall in love with this portable, nice sounding instrument. As a result, I saved up all my money to buy my favorite ukes such as Moore Bettah and Ko'olau. My mom thought I was mad... But I think nothing will stop me from loving these gorgeous ukes for they could bring me lifelong happiness.

By the way, I wanna ask for some recommendations of strings. Which one do you use on your Moore Bettah uke or Ko'olau uke? I prefer guitar sounding. Thank you;)

Hi Ceci...

for sure you need a LowG...Fremont soloist very good....flat wound

Oasis,Southcoast HML-RW,Phd's work well

Hi Len, thanks a lot. Now I have to work hard to learn more about those strings, haha :)
Hi Ceci...

Hola from sunny Arizona. Welcome to the UU forums!

Hi Ceci...

Don't drink the koolaid! (sorry, Len). Stay high G. I like D'Addario T2s. Savarez sound good also.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Don't drink the koolaid! (sorry, Len). Stay high G. I like D'Addario T2s. Savarez sound good also.

Haha Sukie....

she wants a guitar sounding uke...hard to do with a high G...IMO
and her 2 MBs already have a lowG on them......

you have to tell Chuck not to serve the koolaid....:)

Ni hao and welcome to the Underground, LittleCeci! You have great taste in ukes... :cool:

As for your question about strings: Chuck put Oasis with a wound low G on my MB, and they sound great. Other strings you might enjoy for their Guitar-like sound are Southcoast HML-RW or Savarez 520/540 (those latter are actually taken from a Guitar set).

Haha Sukie....

she wants a guitar sounding uke...hard to do with a high G...IMO
and her 2 MBs already have a lowG on them......

you have to tell Chuck not to serve the koolaid....:)

I had to try. :-

No, Chuck didn't give me low G. I play high G.

Ni hao and welcome to the Underground, LittleCeci! You have great taste in ukes... :cool:

As for your question about strings: Chuck put Oasis with a wound low G on my MB, and they sound great. Other strings you might enjoy for their Guitar-like sound are Southcoast HML-RW or Savarez 520/540 (those latter are actually taken from a Guitar set).
Aloha Rakelele, thanks for the welcome:) Chuck put southcoast HML-RW on my uke, so maybe I should try the oasis one as yours. I've heard that Savarez is good, too. Thanks��

I had to try. :-

No, Chuck didn't give me low G. I play high G.
Hi Sukie, I guess maybe Chuck thinks high G is better for a concert uke while Low G is just right for a tenor one? I think I will use high G later. Now I prefer low G :)

Hello Ceci!! Good to see you!!
For the strings, I currently have Alohi wound 34 as my low G set.

Hello Ceci!! Good to see you!!
For the strings, I currently have Alohi wound 34 as my low G set.
Morning Daysi, it is nice to see you :) U mean u use the Ko'olau Alohi Strings, right? Thanks a lot :)

Aloha Cecilia, have fun!

Top Bottom