Microphones for busking?

Rllink

Reaction score
Suppose I bought a Roland Mobile AC to busk. What kind of microphone setup would work? Something that you don't need a stand for? Perhaps a clip on? I'm open to looking at whatever anyone wants to suggest, but money is an object, so keep that in mind. I'm on a budget.Thanks all.

As far as I know, all battery powered busking amplifiers are designed to run corded, dynamic microphones and dynamic in this case stands for passive. The alternative being condenser microphones which need a power source (often but not always 48v phantom power).

I use a Behringer XM8500 dynamic microphone which performs very much like a Shure SM58 at a third of the price and of course a microphone cable and run it into a AC-33. I DO also use a condenser instrument microphone system for my ukuleles but its expensive.

Headset microphone systems are condenser microphones that need power sources and while they can be successfully used they will be spendy.

Anthony

As far as I know, all battery powered busking amplifiers are designed to run corded, dynamic microphones and dynamic in this case stands for passive. The alternative being condenser microphones which need a power source (often but not always 48v phantom power).

I use a Behringer XM8500 dynamic microphone which performs very much like a Shure SM58 at a third of the price and of course a microphone cable and run it into a AC-33. I DO also use a condenser instrument microphone system for my ukuleles but its expensive.

Headset microphone systems are condenser microphones that need power sources and while they can be successfully used they will be spendy.

Anthony
Thanks Anthony. Money is a consideration of course, but also I need to travel light. I'm going to have to walk a bit to get to where I want to busk, so I'm not going to be able to haul a truck load of stuff around. I'll look at dynamic microphones and see what I come up with. That gives me a good start.

For vocals my compact microphone system is an Emerson M193 headset mic with a built in cable and a 1/4" plug:

http://www.frys.com/product/6460952...4XqBDNE5g__.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

VoxBatteryAmps6.jpg

Mini3Busking.jpg

For a clip on pickup that works well by clipping onto the headstock of your 'ukulele I have several of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cherub-WCP-60...8&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=cherubc+clipon+pickup

Top Bottom