Season 167 - Waltz

I'm really surprised no-one took on "Where Do You Go To, My Lovely?"

Bugger ...and BEV and me done this one ...oh ...New ....blast ....ah well (shameless plug then:cheers:)

I done it too in an earlier season but I forget which now.

ooh look geoff you done that lovely song for my late 1960's uke party, season 147

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRjI5tO2eqE

:bowdown:

lovely

I'm surprised no-one had a crack at 'Che Sera, Sera' or 'Delilah' either. That said, there's been so many cracking entries this Season, there's hardly any room left for any more.

Talking of Ukey Dave btw, I'll never forget him at last year's GNUFest, trying to start that one (Delilah) off by counting it in with a "One, Two, Three, Four!" Miss him.

Last edited:
^
^
^
^
Cruel Prankster
Paul is feeling like Sisyphus and the boulder right about now...

I'm surprised no-one had a crack at 'Che Sera, Sera' or 'Delilah' either. That said, there's been so many cracking entries this Season, there's hardly any room left for any more.

Talking of Ukey Dave btw, I'll never forget him at last year's GNUFest, trying to start that one (Delilah) off by counting it in with a "One, Two, Three, Four!" Miss him.

I was looking through my sheet music this morning and I came across a booklet of "Your favourite waltzes" that I had bought sometime last backend at a local vintage fair. Didn't check what was in them but I did think of last week's season. I have a potential entry for S168 that would have done nicely for this season.

I shan't be at GNUFest again this year. I've booked at another one the same weekend - Uke Power at Drax Power Station Social Club (believe it or not). The organiser has run a small Folk Fest there for a few years and that sounds quite good so I thought this was worth a try. Phil Doleman is commuting between the two so will still get to see him.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Bob Dylans 'The Times They Are A Changin' wasn't covered here.........its probably a good example to show because you can hear Dylans 3/4 strumming as clear as bell in this song !!

Last edited:
Ive been wondering the same thing Paul. Maybe he's whittling away in his shop. He has a season coming up.

Hmmmm, now lets see.......Is there a good question I can ask you so you can post that darn season again? :biglaugh:

Ive been wondering the same thing Paul. Maybe he's whittling away in his shop. He has a season coming up.

Hmmmm, now lets see.......Is there a good question I can ask you so you can post that darn season again? :biglaugh:

You already did! :eek:ld:

Better yet, Wendy had the third post on Page 1. Wendy, if you put a link to the playlist there, it will remain easy to find, because that will always remain the first page of the thread.

Better yet, Wendy had the third post on Page 1. Wendy, if you put a link to the playlist there, it will remain easy to find, because that will always remain the first page of the thread.

You mean I get to do a service to the whole community?! ... and not piss anybody off?!
DONE!

Thank you, Jim! Brilliant idea.
And now Paul can stop tearing his hair out. Oh ... no ... sorry ... oh, dear ... looks like I'm too late for that.
But at least now we have a playlist in post #3.

Top Bottom