Do you travel for Uke Fests? What's the farthest you've traveled for a Uke Fest?

lizziep

Reaction score
In the past couple of years, I've started planning my vacation around Uke Fests. Then I get to see a new place, do some sight-seeing, some relaxing, and go to a Uke Fest!

I'm wondering who else is traveling to Uke Fests and which ones are worth traveling for.

About 2 1/2 hours from the Space Coast to the Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway

I drove to Reno. About 1.5 hours. Would have taken longer by bike.

Only accidentally! My last trip to Hawaii was already planned when I found out it coincided with a really cool uke event called the Ukulele Picnic. It's aimed at the Japanese tourist market and had pretty much the best lineup I've ever seen offered all at once: IIRC I saw Brittni Paiva, both Herb Ohtas, the Sweet Hollywaiians (who almost never tour the US!), and Bill Tapia, among others.

I have travelled form Perth to Cairns in my car to go to a uke festival. About 7000km the way I went, turned out to be 20,000 km round trip

20,000km by car!!! I can't imagine!

Not far at all, but I plan to rectify that in the coming years. We have two young kids and it is hard to travel with them to something like this. I've only been to the ukulele fest that our group has hosted, the Alabama Uke Fest. I need to start visiting other festivals for ideas, at least, but I sure would love to meet up with other players.

HoosierHiver has me beat distance-wise.
I did travel from Oahu to Indiana to attend UWC, his event, (4300+ miles) and THAT was easily the best Ukulele event I have ever been to, both times I attended!

Portland, Oregon to Melbourne, Australia. 16,000 miles roundtrip and I did it three times. I get tired just thinking about it...

Not so far as many of you but I did go from England to Holland last year. I'd like to go to UWC but it's unlikely to happen for various reasons.

About 15 miles....

About 15 miles....

Lol ....I'm going to " Black Cat " you ....about 5 miles ...stayed over two nights AND met a fellow UU/Seasonista ......The Mrs went home and back on Saturday to feed the catsm and see if there was any post ..how great is that ??

Well, I did travel 5 km from my home to the Vancouver Uke Fest a few months ago. It was my first uke fest and won't be my last! I may even venture a bit farther afield for my next Ukefest...hahaha...

So far the furthest I've traveled was not too far, about 35 minute drive to Downtown Los Angeles last year to the LA Uke Expo, but this year my group played at the first Santa Monica Ukulele Festival, a 20 minute drive, and I skipped this years Expo to avoid the chance of being late to the gig. I also skipped this years Palm Springs Ukulele Festival, which is about a 1 1/2 hours drive.

We just found out that we're going to play at the next Los Angeles Ukulele Festival in Torrence (I call it the Bay Cities Ukulele Festival) in September, which about an hour from me, so that will be my record distance.

Top Bottom