UkeJam By The Bay - Sat. May 30th, 2015. San Francisco (OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT)

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
3RD ANNUAL UKULELE JAY'S UKEJAM BY THE BAY 2015

FLYER HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fv0wc69ory5c3s8/Ukulele%20Jay's%20UkeJam%20By%20The%20Bay%202015.pdf?dl=0

Featuring:

Uke Ellington from Santa Cruz, CA. (Led by Rick Tuner)
and
Sylvie Simmons, San Francisco, CA. (Author of Leonard Cohen's Biography, Singer/Song Writer.)

Due to the nice turn out last year, I am excited to be holding the 3nd Annual UkeJam By The Bay located at 1095 Folsom St., San Francisco, California from 10am to 4pm. Doors open at 9am.

PARKING:

Parking is 1hr zones (no meters but they are vultures in the parking dept.) so best is to take BART to Civic Center station and just walk down 7th til you get to 7th and Folsom, or if live in SF, public transportation. There are unlimited parking spots on side streets off of Folsom around 7th, 6th, 5th. This is indoors so no heat stroke! There are parking garages at 801 Bryant St., 502 6th Street, and 365 Harriet St. These are AMPCO and CENTRAL parking. It's only a three block walk from these locations.

Once again, I will have donuts to keep that sugar energy going.

I believe several luthiers will be attending and showing off some of their custom ukes. We had a lot of customs and vintage ukes last year from Collings, Pohaku, Mo Bettah, Compass Rose, Favilla and others to name a few. I am sure many will be in attendance again.

I look forward to seeing everyone from last year and hopefully ya'll will bring some ukers you know and spread the word. A good time will be had by all. PLEASE RSVP TO: blue_knight_usa@yahoo.com with your name and email as well as any guests you are bringing as I need to know how many seats to set up. RSVP will be entered in the end of day give away.

SONGBOOK DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fv0wc69ory5c3s8/Ukulele Jay's UkeJam By The Bay 2015.pdf?dl=0
PLEASE PRINT YOUR OWN COPY TO BRING, OR BRING IT ON YOUR DEVICES.

I will have limited copies to share, so please do print and bring your own copy.

SCHEDULE: (Times subject to adjustment on the fly)

10:00am - 10:15am - (Arrivals) and Name Tags (but you can come any time)
10:15am - 11:15am - (Jam Session 1) Welcome and start jamming
11:15am - 11:30am - (Break, Meet and Greet)
11:30am - 12:30pm - (Sylvie Simmons)
12:30pm - 1:15pm - (Lunch time, I'll have a list of where to go or bring your lunch and hang out)
1:15pm - 2:15pm - Rick Turner and Uke Ellington.
2:15pm - 2:30pm - Sandor and his incredible ukes
2:30pm - 3:15pm - (Jam Session 2)
3:15pm - 3:30pm - (Show Us Your Ukes)
3:30pm - 4:00pm - (Jam Session3)
4:00pm - (Closing song and UkuleleJay Surprise Give Away!!!)

Cheers, and please remember to RSVP asap!

Last edited:
I had a great time when I was able to make it the first year - wish I could be there again, and bring some of that rain back with me!

Have a great time, Jay - maybe I can make it next time!

-Kurt​

Thanks, we need any rain possible but the rain is done here this year. We'll miss you. Maybe 2016 will be a reunion ;-)

Absolutely Mark, please make sure everyone RSVP's, Vicki and a few others have already RSVP'd among others. Looking forward to seeing you and the Rebellion soon!

There are 14 RSVPs on the SF Ukulele Rebellion meetup page. I'm not sure if everyone's emailed you, but it looks like the Uke Jam is pretty popular among Rebellion people.

Might be a conflict with my son's birthday party. Checking with my wife and will let you know. I really don't want to miss this for a second time :(

Hi Gary, got your email and I am so glad you chose me over your son. Good choice! ;-) Looking forward to catching up with you. Got a lot of new folks RSVPing so it should be a blast. So far everyone is still confirmed for the entertainment which will be fantastic this year. I think a few luthiers are coming to show off some custom ukes again.

See ya in a few short weeks. I'll have the song book posted by Saturday evening this weekend for everyone to download.

Cheers!

Hey Jay,

Just a heads-up -- 23 people have RSVPed on the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion meetup page that they're coming to the jam on Saturday. There's an instruction on the meetup page to contact you directly to RSVP, but I don't know if people have, and it's possible that some of the people who have RSVPed on the page will flake. The event has generated a lot of excitement among SFUR people.

Hey Jay,

Just a heads-up -- 23 people have RSVPed on the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion meetup page that they're coming to the jam on Saturday. There's an instruction on the meetup page to contact you directly to RSVP, but I don't know if people have, and it's possible that some of the people who have RSVPed on the page will flake. The event has generated a lot of excitement among SFUR people.

Thanks Mark, I have gotten at least 40 RSVP's with 100% confirmation they are coming, I recognized about 5 from your group, but I wouldn't know the others. Many others I did recognize so that's great to hear. Lots of new folks, should be a blast! I wouldn't be surprised if we had 50+. Only 5 days to go!

Cheers.

Hi Gary, got your email and I am so glad you chose me over your son. Good choice! ;-) Looking forward to catching up with you. Got a lot of new folks RSVPing so it should be a blast. So far everyone is still confirmed for the entertainment which will be fantastic this year. I think a few luthiers are coming to show off some custom ukes again.

See ya in a few short weeks. I'll have the song book posted by Saturday evening this weekend for everyone to download.

Cheers!

I didn't have to choose:)

My son's birthday party is on Friday afternoon (after school), and his little league season is over on Thursday except for the All-Star game (so proud!).

Looking forward to it!!

Top Bottom