Chicago area meet ups?

lizziep

Reaction score
I'm visiting suburban Chicago this week. I was wondering if there are any uke group meet ups? Where is the best place to find information about the uke groups in that area?

If you look up on meetup.com "Chicago ukulele" you will find some groups.

There is an oak park group that meets regularly Thursday nights which I've been trying to schedule attendingn but life is just too darn busy!

Thanks! Maybe I can make it to Oak Park this week if I am brave!

Just wanted to add to this thread. Last night I had a chance to stop by the Free Range Ukulele Society of Oak Park and their weekly Thursday night meeting.

What a wonderful group! Very welcoming, tons of fun, LOTS of personality. I am definitely coming back!

Playing the ukulele in a group truly is more fun than playing by oneself :) The song choices were quite interesting - one of the song packets was chicken themed. I was reassured that it was just a once in a year thing and I happened to come on chicken day, LOL, at least 3 people reassured me, I think they feared I would not come back...

I was super impressed with the level of musicianship. Everyone was playing nicely in the pocket, no one was doing anything outrageous, just playing within their abilities and getting along nicely. Song leaders did a great job keeping the thing flowing.

I hope fellow chicago peeps join me on the next one, its a fun time! The music wasn't difficult by any stretch, but people played well and musically, excellent groove throughout the night.

Top Bottom