My latest teardrop soprano is finally finished!

Vespa Bob

Reaction score
It is a good thing that I don't build ukuleles for a living, I'd be in the poorhouse! I started this little soprano on the 23rd of February and it is only now completed, although I must admit that a few weeks into it I started building another uke while waiting for parts to arrive and continued to build the two side by side until the Favilla style teardrop was done. I still have a lot to do on the other, a pineapple concert.
Here then is the result of my labour, which, I have to say has the least amount of boo-boos of any that I've built so far. Of course, it is a simple, no bells and whistles instrument, so there was not too much that could go wrong, right?
It is all mahogany, except for a rosewood fretboard and ebony nut and saddle. The tuners are Grover Sta-Tites with modified buttons. It is the 3rd Favilla look alike that I've built so far. I'll be taking it to Ukulele Jay's festival in San Francisco on the 30th of May, hoping to compare it to the actual vintage version that I copied it from.
I'd like to thank all those who give up their valuable time to offer help and advice to me and other "apprentices", without which I'd still be stumbling in the dark!
BobFavilla #3 5.jpgFavilla #3 3.jpgFavilla #3 8.jpgIMG_0011 (2).jpgFavilla #3 2.jpg

Top Bottom