Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ukulele Truss Rods

Mmmhhh, I think, Pono truss rods are adjustable:

http://blog.anthillmusic.com/the-rep...ble-truss-rod/

The truss rod is a reassuring thing. Perhaps not necessary, but reassuring. About 8 years ago we bought classical guitars for a school guitar program (high school), entry level Yamaha models. There were many reasons for going classical--but many of the necks warped after the first two years in a non-humidity controlled music suite (which was supposed to be humidity controlled) and while they killed those courses after I left (that is a discussion for another time) those instruments still sit in their cases with many having warped necks.

I decided that any guitar I ever buy again will have a truss rod.

Ukuleles have nowhere near the tension of even a classical guitar; but I do worry sometimes about my Opio and if it will stand the test of time without the neck warping. I won't have to worry about that, ever, with the Pono.
    Playing ukulele since January 2016.

Have you participated in the thread, "How the Ukulele Found You?" If not, please consider adding your story--they are just fun to read.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...lele-found-you

Chunk, though you make the ultimate ukuleles (which the likes of me shall neither play or own) but I respectfully beg to differ because I know that Pono Tenor and Godin ukuleles have true truss rods...

-- Gary

Thread Information