Noobie to Ukulele, am doing it right?

Heya!

I just got myself a bad-ass (for beginner) uku and I wanted to show you guys what ive came up with.

Thank you for watching :)

Yeah, I'd say you're doing just fine. That classical guitar next to you tells me this is not your first experience with fretted instrument.

Looks and sounds GREAT! I am looking forward to your future videos :music:

Thanks for sharing. :)

Coming from a guitar background I can say this:
Your right and left hands are exactly were they need to be. No bend in your right wrist and your left is not wrapped around the neck.

I am curious to see how you progress and I look forward to more videos.
Welcome to this wonderful obsession.
Johnson

ps: I have a ton of links to song websites if you would like a list of links, please let me know.
Here is one you should check out, he is a UU member and does some great songs with audio links on soundcloud:
https://sites.google.com/site/tabs4ukes/
His name is Putter and he is awesome.

There is no "wrong." When one is having fun and happy with the sounds, that's what really matters.

Welcome and very nice. After playing guitar for almost 50 years, it didn't take me long to get comfortable on ukulele. FYI, the abbreviation for ukulele is uke, not uku.

Looks and sounds good to me. There are clearly levels of "beginner" and you seem to be coming from a classical background, so you are way ahead of the game in that respect. Keep up the good work.

Is that your adaptation of Study in E / Romanza Anonime? Very nice man. I really like playing classical as well.

Can you do Recuerdos next? LOL :D

Top Bottom