Loprinzi vs Sailor Brand...

Depends on the upgrades one gets for the Sailor. You can pay as much or more for a fully optioned Sailor than the equivalent Lo Prinzi basic model with no extras. All things being equal, $400 - $500 more for the Lo Prinzi.......approximately.

Yes. Laminate is multiple layers, glued together and will not resonate like solid wood. The top layer may or may not be thin enough to classify as veneer. Many of the worlds best guitars are made similarly to the Sailor. Don't forget, Lo Prinzi started out as a classical guitar maker.

Yes. Laminate is multiple layers, glued together and will not resonate like solid wood. The top layer may or may not be thin enough to classify as veneer. Many of the worlds best guitars are made similarly to the Sailor. Don't forget, Lo Prinzi started out as a classical guitar maker.

After seeing the question on the difference between laminates and veneers, I started googling and the best I could come up with is that laminate ukes are multiple layers of similar thickness wood glued with the grain in each layer at 90 degree angles to the previous layer. I'm speculating that a true veneer might mean two layers of wood, with the top layer being much thinner than the structural layer, glued together with the grain of the layers going in the same direction. Just conjecture on my part. Any woodworkers out there know the real scoop on veneer versus wood laminate construction?

You are going to be so happy with your wonderful LoPrinzi! I have a LoPrinzi maple soprano and a Sailor cedar/eucalyptus soprano. I've discovered I'm more of a tenor girl, but I wouldn't give these two up for anything.

Top Bottom