seasonistas play other instruments

bird's eye view of my ukelele

Reaction score
?

anyone interested in having a place to go if you wanna share non-uke vids with your fellow seasonistas?

I just got a tenor guitar, i love it!

and i know some other seasonistas are getting or thinking of getting guitars

i'd like to share my tenor geeeeeeetar stuff with my seasons pals, and i'd like to see what my seasons pals get up to when they play instruments other than uke

i know there is a guitar forum here on UU, but i wondered if we could use a MULTI instrument space, right here on the seasons

if anyone thinks it's a good idea, then post your non-uke vids here

if everyone thinks it's a rubbish idea this thread can just sink like a stone and we can pretend it never happened

although i'll probably write a song about how sad that'll be... i'll write it on my tenor guitar ;)

Last edited:
I play the fool brilliantly :(

But, I fear, I shall nevah... play The Dane :(

0G0oiOW1.jpg

Bevomu - I'd like to know more about your tenor guitar.
Brand? How much? Where from? Steel strings? Tuning? etc
And I look forward to hearing it some more.

I used to take videos of my open mic performances back when I played guitar but most of them were either rubbish or on Facebook.

Here's me and my mate Danx jamming a Wolfmother song though. Normally Danx would play bass and our mate Tom would go on drums but Tom wasn't in that night, so Danx drummed. He dropped a stick during the solo which put me off but it was still fun.

Other songs I enjoyed playing with those two were "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "Molly's Chambers". Sadly not got any videos of those.

thank you pa, i'd love to tell you more about my tenor guitar!

because I love it and wanna talk about it!

it's got steel strings, tuned dgbe like a baritone uke

it's an ashbury, same make as my baritone uke, I also have a concert uke in that brand

it cost me £189 which I think is about 370 Australian dollars

I ordered it from scayles music in Edinburgh, they switched the strings to dgbe for me, and added an extra strap pin at the heel, it already had one at the tail

the scale is 23 inches, and the body is a bit bigger than a baritone uke body

it was the cheapest tenor I could find, I didn't wanna spend a squillion quid on an instrument just to try it out, really, but I LOVE it! it has a satin, open pore sort of finish, and... it's dreamy!

the precise model is ashbury AT-40

apple tree electric geeeeeeeeeeeeeetar cover*
so good to revisit that vid!

thanks for posting it, that's just the sort of thing i'd love us to be able to collect together in one place

so if you swing by this thread you know you will see your seasonista pals rockin' some non-uke instruments

yeah :rock:

of course people don't have to rock out they can classical out or country and western out or whatever!

Photo on 2015-05-15 at 09.29.jpgPhoto on 2015-05-15 at 09.30.jpg

I've always dabbled with stringed Instruments from as early as I can remember. Lol

The first pic I was playing a Hofner bass replica (badly) at a pub gig in Northolt, Middx (notice the keith Richards fag in mouth touch) the Irish pub landlord 'Pat' paid us in booze so we were more pissed than the audience and in the second pic a guitar way back in the 80s.(I only ever played rhythm in bands though)

Booze and partying way too much hindered me from mastering either Instrument to a good standard and I hadn't played any Instrument for at least a decade until I discovered the Uke about two and half years ago.

Last edited:
This is an awesome thread Lynda. Can't wait to see what everyone plays. Gonna be great...

Ukulele is the only stringed instrument I play. The rest are wind powered in one form or another:

Recorders in various sizes up to contrabass, harmonicas in a variety of keys, keyless wooden flute, several whistles in keys ranging from G to high D, concertina. I've just ordered a low D whistle and am waiting for the email telling me it's on its way.

I've been playing recorder on and off since primary school, harmonica since my teens (again on and off), whistles and concertina a good few years before I took up ukulele.

In the band I play in I mostly play harmonica, flute and tenor & bass recorder. We are a folk band and play mostly for ceilidhs. Harmonicas are good for quicker dance tunes and I play flute or recorder for slower ones like waltzes. I do occasionally play ukulele but not all that much but I sing with my uke at local folk clubs and open mics.

Uke4ia Jim, AlanDP? Bassoon jam? :)

I admire those who can comfortably switch between playing the uke and guitar. I've neglected my guitar since picking up the uke and at times some chords that would once fall naturally under my fingers need a little thought now.....its more to do with size and spacing than the actual chords grrrrrrr. I suppose its just a case of keeping your hand in regularly with both Instruments but my obsessional tunnel vision of the uke won't allow it !! Lol

Great thread by the way Birdy, I'm sure I can rustle something up for ya.

Last edited:
Damn surprised I have anything in video form! Hehe my last dance with music before the ukulele was electronic. I used Reason 4 and a 1st gen M-Audio OXYGEN 8 to dabble in various genres of music. This was my first try at dark ambiance, dark noise, soundscape whatever you want to call it. The video was made to show a few friends what was happening in my game the song just fit it too well.

Now one might argue was I playing an instrument? Yes what I played, which honestly here wasn't very much was heavily processed after being played. Besides wanting to learn to play the theme to Bobs burgers I really only bough my first ukulele to add sounds to get my butt back into electronic music. Somehow got caught up in the ukulele full bore.

I did just a month or two back see an add in guitar center for a used QuNeo for $140ish got there and they were selling the last new unit for the same price so. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Keith-McMillen-QuNeo-3D-Multi-touch-Pad-Controller-109102681-i2409255.gc?country=us&currency=usd&isfullsite=1&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CN-P78Dww8UCFVYXHwodDR4AMg&kwid=productads-plaid^18283950120-sku^109102681@ADL4GC-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^41539417242

This little sucker is really a midi controller just as my Oxygen 8 is though that is styled like a conventional keyboard, is it an instrument? Haven't dont much with it yet. While it is a serious piece of kit it needs a few hours learning and programing it to do what I want.

I called the piece "breath" Oldsk001 is my old youtube tattoo channel.

Damn surprised I have anything in video form! Hehe my last dance with music before the ukulele was electronic. I used Reason 4 and a 1st gen M-Audio OXYGEN 8 to dabble in various genres of music. This was my first try at dark ambiance, dark noise, soundscape whatever you want to call it. The video was made to show a few friends what was happening in my game the song just fit it too well.

Now one might argue was I playing an instrument? Yes what I played, which honestly here wasn't very much was heavily processed after being played. Besides wanting to learn to play the theme to Bobs burgers I really only bough my first ukulele to add sounds to get my butt back into electronic music. Somehow got caught up in the ukulele full bore.

I did just a month or two back see an add in guitar center for a used QuNeo for $140ish got there and they were selling the last new unit for the same price so. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Keith-McMillen-QuNeo-3D-Multi-touch-Pad-Controller-109102681-i2409255.gc?country=us¤cy=usd&isfullsite=1&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CN-P78Dww8UCFVYXHwodDR4AMg&kwid=productads-plaid^18283950120-sku^109102681@ADL4GC-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^41539417242

This little sucker is really a midi controller just as my Oxygen 8 is though that is styled like a conventional keyboard, is it an instrument? Haven't dont much with it yet. While it is a serious piece of kit it needs a few hours learning and programing it to do what I want.

I called the piece "breath" Oldsk001 is my old youtube tattoo channel.

Can't see it because you have it set to be private.

Ukulele is the only stringed instrument I play. The rest are wind powered in one form or another:

Recorders in various sizes up to contrabass, harmonicas in a variety of keys, keyless wooden flute, several whistles in keys ranging from G to high D, concertina. I've just ordered a low D whistle and am waiting for the email telling me it's on its way.

I've been playing recorder on and off since primary school, harmonica since my teens (again on and off), whistles and concertina a good few years before I took up ukulele.

In the band I play in I mostly play harmonica, flute and tenor & bass recorder. We are a folk band and play mostly for ceilidhs. Harmonicas are good for quicker dance tunes and I play flute or recorder for slower ones like waltzes. I do occasionally play ukulele but not all that much but I sing with my uke at local folk clubs and open mics.

I would love to hear you blow some wind Geoff :biglaugh:

Oh you know what I mean. I don't think this thread should stop at stringed instruments. Do you BEV?

Well, the kazoo is questionable but I would listen to it if thats what you've got :D

The kazoo is damnable:mad: . However, needs must when the devil vomits in your fish kettle.:p

Ping heres a quick one I just popped out of the microwave .........the head is telling me to do a guitar Am but my fingers are looking for a uke Am so mistakes and pauses aplenty grrrrrrrrr !! Lol

Top Bottom