seasonistas play other instruments

Blustardave taught me everyting I know about the blues

Harmonica improvisation a la Dave. +blustardave
without attracting attention to yourself in public... or for
advanced skip divers how to skip dive for an audience.

OK here is a song I heard today by a gardening mate called Blustardave.
I thought it was great so I quickly did a cover which again features harmonica
and also a toy accordion doing some bass notes. The gardening season will soon
be upon us. I can't wait.

Love that Tin Sammie documentary, here's a sort of account of where I've been these last few...

Front Porch Blues.....

All That Matters Now - Surly-Mac’s One-Man Band covers the Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite version from their 56th Grammy award winning Best Blues Album, “Get Up!”

The silly sign at the beginning of this vid simply points out the “we” used a Baritone Uke, Bamboo Cajon (box-drum), Seydel blues harmonica & electric piano/keyboards to create this recording.

I think of this kind of stuff as “front porch blues”… the kid of stuff that Uncle Henry, Cousin George & Aunt Rose used to knock out at sundown in that time before TV and YouTube…..

This effort is best listened to with HEADPHONES, maybe a bit of EQ adjustment… or earplugs.

All That Matters Now - Surly-Mac’s One-Man Band covers the Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite version from their 56th Grammy award winning Best Blues Album, “Get Up!”

The silly sign at the beginning of this vid simply points out the “we” used a Baritone Uke, Bamboo Cajon (box-drum), Seydel blues harmonica & electric piano/keyboards to create this recording.

I think of this kind of stuff as “front porch blues”… the kid of stuff that Uncle Henry, Cousin George & Aunt Rose used to knock out at sundown in that time before TV and YouTube…..

This effort is best listened to with HEADPHONES, maybe a bit of EQ adjustment… or earplugs.

This is OFF THE CHARTS PHENOMENAL!!!!!! U DA MAN!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

This is OFF THE CHARTS PHENOMENAL!!!!!! U DA MAN!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Wow... thank you! (However it may be wise to heed the words of Buddy Greene to his Carnegie Hall audience: "You want to be careful when you encourage a harmonica player!")

here is something that may work for Dennis's Wildlife Songs but I wasn't playing the uke there.
I played an alto karimba.
A true story.
I thought I would share it here.

I brought this acoustic guitar last weekend, its a Fender CP-100 parlour size.
For a small guitar these parlours pack a mean punch.

Last edited:
this is for you, Tommy.
We love you.
from Jon and Joo

( karimba, hand claps and voices)

A woman complains that her man prefers his addictions to her love... an impassioned reading.

Top Bottom