Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: seasonistas play other instruments

Thanks for the info on the tenor guitar Bevomu.
    I hardly ever play my guitars since getting into the ukulele.
    I have done this song on the bari uke but it is one that relies on the lower notes moving about.
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 05-15-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Uke4ia Jim, AlanDP? Bassoon jam?
    Wendy -- UkeCan1 of Uke Can Play Too!
    YouTube:
    Uke Can 1 | Uke On! Band | Uke Can Play Too! | The Prosperous Artist
    Facebook: Uke On! Band | Uke Can Play Too! | The Prosperous Artist Revolution

Ukes:
    Tiki Uki = soprano Tiki Flea, Epi Leadshredder = Les Paul Epiphone concert
    Pocky = Kala Pocket Uke sopranissimo, Chili = Mainland soprano Chili Pepper Uke
    Minnie (hot pink, "Happy to Be Me!), Mickey (bright blue), and Sophia (lavender) First Act "mini guitars"

If you're a Seasonista, come join the Seasonista Facebook group! (PM me)
    If you're not (YET!), come play with us in the Seasons of the Ukulele ... it's easy and fun

Alternative tuning on a guitar for an instrumental... does not get going until 2 minutes in.
    Worth the watch if just to catch the movements of the eyebrows.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

I admire those who can comfortably switch between playing the uke and guitar. I've neglected my guitar since picking up the uke and at times some chords that would once fall naturally under my fingers need a little thought now.....its more to do with size and spacing than the actual chords grrrrrrr. I suppose its just a case of keeping your hand in regularly with both Instruments but my obsessional tunnel vision of the uke won't allow it !! Lol

Great thread by the way Birdy, I'm sure I can rustle something up for ya.
    Last edited by mythinformed; 05-15-2015 at 03:40 AM.
    It seems everyone's trying to play the ukulele like someone else............the only real way is your own way.

Damn surprised I have anything in video form! Hehe my last dance with music before the ukulele was electronic. I used Reason 4 and a 1st gen M-Audio OXYGEN 8 to dabble in various genres of music. This was my first try at dark ambiance, dark noise, soundscape whatever you want to call it. The video was made to show a few friends what was happening in my game the song just fit it too well.

Now one might argue was I playing an instrument? Yes what I played, which honestly here wasn't very much was heavily processed after being played. Besides wanting to learn to play the theme to Bobs burgers I really only bough my first ukulele to add sounds to get my butt back into electronic music. Somehow got caught up in the ukulele full bore.

I did just a month or two back see an add in guitar center for a used QuNeo for $140ish got there and they were selling the last new unit for the same price so. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Keith-Mc...id^41539417242

This little sucker is really a midi controller just as my Oxygen 8 is though that is styled like a conventional keyboard, is it an instrument? Haven't dont much with it yet. While it is a serious piece of kit it needs a few hours learning and programing it to do what I want.

I called the piece "breath" Oldsk001 is my old youtube tattoo channel.

This space reserved for a smart or witty comment or a famous quote. It may also be used to promote my accomplishments should I ever accomplish anything worth sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inksplosive AL View Post
    Damn surprised I have anything in video form! Hehe my last dance with music before the ukulele was electronic. I used Reason 4 and a 1st gen M-Audio OXYGEN 8 to dabble in various genres of music. This was my first try at dark ambiance, dark noise, soundscape whatever you want to call it. The video was made to show a few friends what was happening in my game the song just fit it too well.

Now one might argue was I playing an instrument? Yes what I played, which honestly here wasn't very much was heavily processed after being played. Besides wanting to learn to play the theme to Bobs burgers I really only bough my first ukulele to add sounds to get my butt back into electronic music. Somehow got caught up in the ukulele full bore.

I did just a month or two back see an add in guitar center for a used QuNeo for $140ish got there and they were selling the last new unit for the same price so. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Keith-Mc...id^41539417242

This little sucker is really a midi controller just as my Oxygen 8 is though that is styled like a conventional keyboard, is it an instrument? Haven't dont much with it yet. While it is a serious piece of kit it needs a few hours learning and programing it to do what I want.

I called the piece "breath" Oldsk001 is my old youtube tattoo channel.

Can't see it because you have it set to be private.

Here's me playing bass:

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    Ukulele is the only stringed instrument I play. The rest are wind powered in one form or another:

Recorders in various sizes up to contrabass, harmonicas in a variety of keys, keyless wooden flute, several whistles in keys ranging from G to high D, concertina. I've just ordered a low D whistle and am waiting for the email telling me it's on its way.

I've been playing recorder on and off since primary school, harmonica since my teens (again on and off), whistles and concertina a good few years before I took up ukulele.

In the band I play in I mostly play harmonica, flute and tenor & bass recorder. We are a folk band and play mostly for ceilidhs. Harmonicas are good for quicker dance tunes and I play flute or recorder for slower ones like waltzes. I do occasionally play ukulele but not all that much but I sing with my uke at local folk clubs and open mics.
    I would love to hear you blow some wind Geoff

Oh you know what I mean. I don't think this thread should stop at stringed instruments. Do you BEV?

Well, the kazoo is questionable but I would listen to it if thats what you've got
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

The kazoo is damnable . However, needs must when the devil vomits in your fish kettle.

Ping heres a quick one I just popped out of the microwave .........the head is telling me to do a guitar Am but my fingers are looking for a uke Am so mistakes and pauses aplenty grrrrrrrrr !! Lol

It seems everyone's trying to play the ukulele like someone else............the only real way is your own way.

Thread Information