Ko'olau/Pono Factory Tour

Thanks for the tour photos and commentary. Looks like you had a good time and got a great new uke. :)

Thank you very much for all the time and effort to put this post together. As another person said it really felt as if I was right there with you, great job. A big congratulations on your new Pono pineapple, they are fabulous insruments and I love my Pono ET-PC.

Thanks for sharing the tour with us, these photos are terrific.

Beautiful uke! The wood is gorgeous and I like the rope on the top. The other signature is probably John Kitakis.

To see this ukulele in "real life", it could be said that it has very understated "bling". It doesn't look flashy, but is quality all the way through. From the pictures I have seen of many other Ko'olau instruments, that seems to be their way.

Tony

Thanks for taking us on tour with you, would love to be there myself one day. Perhaps you got to see my new Ko'olau being made, it's a CS with Sinker Redwood top and Milo back and sides that is about to be shipped.

Congrats on the Mango Pineapple, I have the same model and love its sweet sound.

Thanks for taking us on tour with you, would love to be there myself one day. Perhaps you got to see my new Ko'olau being made, it's a CS with Sinker Redwood top and Milo back and sides that is about to be shipped.

Congrats on the Mango Pineapple, I have the same model and love its sweet sound.
Very possible we saw your Ko'olau...we saw many in various states of development. I have no doubt that you will be very pleased with what you get.
I was very surprised at how much of the construction of these instruments is completely done by hand. It really is a very artistic process.

Best wishes.

Dan

One word: jealous. I'd love to do that tour... and to see Rakelele's sinker redwood cs :drool: Thanks for sharing your tour with us.

Congrats on the new Ko'olau, Rakelele! You will cherish it for a long time to come.

Tony

The other signature is John kitakis, Andrews dad :)
That would be a fun visit. Here is a closeup of my Ko'olau tenor tuned high G from the factory:

There are two signatures on the inside labe.l One is Noa Bonk, and I can't read the other one. Did you get to meet Noa?

Tony

Top Bottom