season 170 - a song for europe

Great Season BEV Sorry I was only around for three days of it.

My friend Ben who, as you may or may not know, was tour manager for PKN in Vienna for Eurovision 2015 has passed the PKN playlist on to PKN themselves. So, who knows? You may get a like or a comment from the band themselves. How cool would that be?
This cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :)

Way Cool Paul!

wow! well they will know what a big hit they were with US!

yeah BABY!

and big thanks again to janet, for someone who loves eurovision AND loves rats, that was the ultimate dream vid! :rock:

Iltalehti a redtop newspaper in finland explains that if it had been left to the peoples vote
PKN would have got through to the finals, but it was the judges vote that dropped them
out of the finals. Read about it here... the Google Finnish translation is not all that great
but you should get the jist of what they are saying.

How the judges dropped PKN from the finals

wow it's really interesting that Italy would have won the contest based on viewer votes alone. il volo sang in Italian, which rather puts paid to the idea that singing in English is the only way to win - i'm listening now, it's a heck of a song, and the crowd is going, frankly, absolutely barmy for it! also it shows that for viewers, great voices absolutely belting out a powerful love song, with the guys just standing there, beats fancy pants visuals any day of the week. fascinating.

here's a comparision of how the final would have gone, results-wise with just the viewers' votes...

http://www.cityam.com/216357/who-wo...ntest-if-result-was-based-only-telephone-vote

the jury panel for each country is just 4 people. who are they? who ARE they? they obviously don't like punk rock :mad:

I'm still catching up on the Eurovision final, and then the thread and everyone's fab weekend videos. I did peek ahead enough to see that ...

1) The song I covered got second place! (I still think it should have been first ... far better song than Sweden's ... politics? Too bad. But second! Yay! I called it. Awesome song.)

2) I got a special mention for my live video and introducing Americans to the fabulousness of Eurovision. Thank you, Lynda!

I totally think we should make this an annual thing. Maybe next year's main theme could be, pick your favorite of the current year's crop and record it ... and we can see who picks the winner. I gotta say, having a horse in the game was really fun!

And it has done well for me! The live video that got me the special mention has nearly 1300 views, and is currently my third-most-viewed video to date ... and looks set to reach #1.

So, of course (and now that I have been playing the song all weekend for people and know it a whole lot better), I performed it again last night at Sam Ash. I played it a thousand times better, but sang it badly. <*Sigh*> More audience were there this time, including the lovely Terry, who does love to, um, participate. The crowd were really with me this time, and that was fun.

What a fun week this has been! Let's do it again. Sad I didn't get time for PKN ... if I do one late, can it still make the playlist maybe? So they might see it? :)

oh my gosh! i just heard that australia is gonna be in eurovision again in 2016!!!!!! :rock:
dancingmonkey.gif

tumblr_inline_mopg0vKa7m1qz4rgp.gif

DEAR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the wonderful redpaul has very kindly and wonderfully told me some thrilling and wonderful news!!!!!!!!!

eurovision will be aired in the states this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock:

if you get the logo channel... does everyone get that? do you have to pay gazillions of money things to get such a fine and clever channel with such obviously fabulous taste? :rolleyes:

if you are as thrilled as me, check it out here

http://www.newnownext.com/eurovisio...n-the-u-s-for-the-first-time-on-logo/05/2016/

paul THANK YOU SO MUCH!

:nana:

Oh boy, are they in for a treat. Starts at 3pm? Don't plan on going anywhere before midnight. From what I hear, the judging/scoring system is even more complicated this year, so maybe you could pop out for a meal & a movie and not miss much. Anyway, I think I have heard the UK entry about a dozen times now, and still can't hum it, so things are looking good.

But seriously, I WILL BE WATCHING!

Thanks for the heads up Lynda. I do have that channel but never watch it. Ill have to check it out :)

Just had a look at the line up and I can't see any sign of it. I found an article that says the Grand Final will be aired on american tv.

Try to watch it if you can, even if it's the only time you ever do. It's definitely interesting though I think BEV knows my views on it so I won't repeat them here.

geoff! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh it's true, i love it!!!!!!!

just a couple of weeks to go now, hopefully the schedule will show eurovision nearer the time? if geoff has to put up with it, why should our transatlantic friends remain unscathed? ;)

Top Bottom