season 170 - a song for europe

On a serious note, LOVE the theme. X3

I MAY have already figured out what song I wanna do, assuming I can get my friend to lend her fingers and violin to the effort.

On a serious note, LOVE the theme. X3

I MAY have already figured out what song I wanna do, assuming I can get my friend to lend her fingers and violin to the effort.
bless you bless you bless you!

I have been - and still am! - scared people are mostly gonna hate the theme

so glad you have a song, really looking forward to hearing it, the violin sounds intriguing, I think I know what you might have in mind but I might be wrong......................... I really usually am!

ceejay mentioned, in a comment on my sad "i'm scared no one will come to my eurovison party" song over on the seasonistas play other instruments thread, that he was thinking of bringing an instrumental and I wanna say that if anyone would rather bring an instrumental of a eurovision song, than sing it, or at least have an instrumental version as an option, that is fine and most welcome

I would just like to take a moment to thank jon - hippie dribble - for swapping weeks with me so that I could host this eurovision theme, the exact same week the real contest runs in Austria

thank you jon! :rock:

Yay for Eurovision! (which I have never watched). I love those themes that take us out of our comfort level. This week should be fun! And I may have already found my song...
it'll take LOTS of practice so I'll probably not have time to record till next weekend. But I'm positive no one else will pick this song. :)

wonderful Myrna! i'm so glad you've found something, I knew this would be a tough week for people in the states who might not know the contest at all... and a lot of brits know it but hate it! but I adore it and I really hope everyone will be able to find SOMETHING they like and can bring. thanks for taking the time to do research, i'm thrilled you'll be bringing a song!

...Ummm ...cos she's a bit scary, maybe ??? :eek:ld:

Wogan used to make the Euro for me. Around about the time that wearing your Knickers above
the waistline of your pants became popular, Wogan upon seeing the the beautiful young Moldovan
songstress sporting such attire made the quip:

Apparently she thinks she is appearing in the the Eurovision thong contest. :biglaugh:

Come back Terry all is forgiven.

I used to love terry, I was gutted when he stopped doing the show, I dreaded graham Norton replacing him, but you know... I think he's really good too.

rude-4-452x500.jpg

Go Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät Go..

Rough translation of Finnish entry for the Euro and even rougher chord changes

I always have to

I always have to clean I always have to do the dishes I always have to work I always have to go to the doctor I am not allowed to go to the computer I am not allowed to watch television I am not allowed to see my friends I always have to be at home I always have to do chores I always have to eat well I always have to drink well I can't eat candy, drink soda, I can't even drink alcohol I always have to rest I always have to sleep I always have to wake up I aways have to shower.

when I saw "Ooh Aah" on the list, this what what came to mind. Would be an interesting version of Eurovision with this kind of thing, to be sure...

:rock:
Mike i am mighty impressed that the wonderful Wurzels are known over seas they were my dads fave group i was raised with my dad playing their records every week ,bought back great memories,they dida great song called "morning glory".
now if only the wurzles were the uk entry :cool:

Nice one Birdy, a cheesy song theme............save all your kisses for me !!
Hmmm.......Now what was that geezer with a beard in a frock called?

Personally I really don't like the whole Eurovision Song contest stuff, and hate most of the songs that we as the Netherland send in. So I'm basically hoping we never win, as that would mean hosting the event and give it even more media coverage. That being said I think the song we are sending in this year, at least has a basic quality a song needs. Here is my take on the Dutch entry for this year, Trijntje Oosterhuis - Walk Along.

What's this? Pabrizzer only third?

Mind WGY cheated, posting before midnight struck in Honolulu :rulez:

Personally, I can't stand the Eurovision Song Contest. It goes beyond cheesy. That said, after cutting a number of dire entry videos from various countries short, I think I've found something tolerable. After that I will have to invoke the Thornton rule and post a Not-Eurovision Song.

Great theme. Funnily enough, someone brought "Puppet on a string" and "All kinds of everything" along to our session this week. But I am resisting both of those, and going for something which didn't win. Just give me a few days to sort it out...

Personally, I can't stand the Eurovision Song Contest. It goes beyond cheesy. That said, after cutting a number of dire entry videos from various countries short, I think I've found something tolerable. After that I will have to invoke the Thornton rule and post a Not-Eurovision Song.

This is a great week to throw the rule book out of the moving car because our host is FAMOUS for not following the rules!!!!

Yeah, Wim posted early too. Unwittingly, I'd imagine. Pa posted two minutes after start time.

Midnight Hawaii time moved to an hour later here in the northern hemisphere when we went on Daylight Saving Time - Hawaii is equatorial and does not have it. So Hawaii time is a moving target for those of us who do - 6am US ET, 11am UK, noon Europe, etc.

Thornton time rule?

On more important subjects, I listened to a whole bunch of Eurovision songs last night, and there are some really great songs hidden there. You might have to hunt, but it's worth the hunt. Love these themes that get me to explore new music I'd never have known about otherwise. There's one I've been wanting to do for ages that I had no idea was a Eurovision entry! And a new discovery that I like a lot. So many great songs, so little time ....

Anyway, off to a fun start!

Here Is my first. More to come :) Said to be the biggest Eurovision seller of all time.

Top Bottom