Koa Pili Koko Deluxe Concert Review

JMisquez

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Koa Pili Koko Deluxe Concert Ukulele and I thought I would post a review as I didn't see one when I was looking at reviews.

Appearance - This ukulele looks amazing and it is hard to believe it is under $250. The acacia is beautiful and the craftsmanship is quite high for a factory uke. The abalone rosette looks great and the finish on the uke is perfect, a nice middle ground between satin and gloss.

Setup - Jason really does a great job setting up these ukes. The action is perfect and there is no buzzing. The intonation is spot on and there are no sharp fret edges or burrs to hurt your fingers.

Sound - This is where this uke really shines. The tone is excellent! It is warm and clear with decent volume and great volume when played with a pick or your fingernail. My experience with ukuleles are 3 Cordoba's and a Hola and this Pili Koko blows them all away despite 2 of the Cordoba's being more expensive. I recommend going with the bone saddle and nut as they make a great instrument all the better!

I hope you find this review helpful! All I can say is if you are "thinking" of buying a Koa Pili Koko, don't think. DO IT!

IMG_0089.jpgIMG_0090.jpgIMG_0092.jpgIMG_0093.jpgIMG_0094.jpg

I have the less blingy tenor, and it is a really nice instrument. Jason is great to work with.

Top Bottom