Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NUD: SideKick Banjo Uke

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZ View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Most banjo ukes whether soprano or concert have an 8-inch head. The only exception I know is the concert-scale Deering Goodtime (11-inch head) which uses many of the same parts found on the rest of the Deering GoodTime banjo series. The SideKick has a "standard" banjo uke 8-inch head with a tenor-scale neck and thus the fret spacing one finds on a tenor uke.
    Some Soprano Ukes come with 6 inch heads (Kala, Luna, more?). I prefer 8 inch. I guess that's why I don't have a soprano (yet).

I notice that none of 'em come with a 12 fret neck. I wonder why . . .
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBD
    Kala tenor eight string - gG cC EE AA
    Gold Tone tenor banjolele - Hi-D GBD

Luna "Peace" concert - Lo-G CEA
    Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA

Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B
    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano (Dad's Day gift) - C
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - C

Eat, drink and make merry for tomorrow you’ll be too old.

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    Some Soprano Ukes come with 6 inch heads (Kala, Luna, more?). I prefer 8 inch. I guess that's why I don't have a soprano (yet).

I notice that none of 'em come with a 12 fret neck. I wonder why . . .
    Getting replacement 8-inch (or 11-inch) banjo heads is not a problem, as there are a lot of sources. For 6-inch heads, that size is a drum head size.
    ...SteveZ

Ukuleles: Martin T1K (T)*, Oscar Schmidt OU28T (T8)*, Lanikai LU-6 (T6)*, RISA Solid (C)*, Effin UkeStart (C)*, Flea (S)*, Diamind Head DU-150 (S)**
    Banjo-Ukes: Duke 10 (T)*, Lanikai LB6-S (S)**
    Tenor Guitars: Martin TEN515*, Blueridge BR-40T**
    Tenor Banjo: Deering Goodtime 17-Fret*
    Mandolin: Burgess (#7)***

*tuned CGDA, **tuned DAEB, ***tuned GDAE

The inventory is always in some flux, but that's part of the fun.

i HAVE BEEN MISSING a banjolele in my stable. I liked the firefly's light weight but not the concert neck, I liked the goldtone neck but not the weight. this looks like the ticket. just ordered the tattoo. why? it looks 'different'.
    there is no substitute for LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by strumsilly View Post
    i HAVE BEEN MISSING a banjolele in my stable. I liked the firefly's light weight but not the concert neck, I liked the goldtone neck but not the weight. this looks like the ticket. just ordered the tattoo. why? it looks 'different'.
    Im with you too!!
    Im gonna order it soon

Am definitely having fun with mine. My tenor banjo has gotten less play time since the SideKick joined the stable.
    ...SteveZ

Ukuleles: Martin T1K (T)*, Oscar Schmidt OU28T (T8)*, Lanikai LU-6 (T6)*, RISA Solid (C)*, Effin UkeStart (C)*, Flea (S)*, Diamind Head DU-150 (S)**

I am ever sp pleased with my Deering Goodtime banjo uke in my opinion the best sounding banjo uke I've owned this was my forth banjo uke purchase and the first one that I want to keep

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Hill View Post
    I am ever sp pleased with my Deering Goodtime banjo uke in my opinion the best sounding banjo uke I've owned this was my forth banjo uke purchase and the first one that I want to keep
    I agree with you about the Deering. I love mine (it had an hour workout today). The sound from its 11-inch head and concert-scale is a gem. It definitely is a keeper. It really gets loud if one adds an EZ-resonator to it.

The SideKick, as an 8-inch head tenor-scale, is indeed a different instrument. The weight differential between the Deering and the SideKick is big-time significant, and there are times when I just want a lighter weight, tenor-scale instrument.

I am one happy guy. I really dig the banjo ukes and now have two keepers, one tenor-scale and one concert-scale. Life is good!
    ...SteveZ

I will see if I can get one of those ez resonators for my uke thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZ View Post
    Am definitely having fun with mine. My tenor banjo has gotten less play time since the SideKick joined the stable.
    so how long did it take to get yours. mine made the trio fron china to LA in 2 days, and now seems to be sitting there. [for 5 days now???] USPS tracking is sometimes innaccurate so maybe it will show up today.
    there is no substitute for LOVE

I gave up on USPS tracking, googled "china post tracking," and found a tracker (can't remember which one) that was on the mark and showed in NY and subsequent arrival at my local Post Office.
    ...SteveZ

Thread Information