What color is your car (and/or bicycle and/or motorcycle)?

Kia Sedona - dark blue - the only vehicle I could find that was big enough fpr the dogs, and that was the only colour they had

BMW 320TD - silver - the car was free, so I wasn't about to quibble over the colour, and silver cars go the longest without needing to be washed

I guess that I like red, because my wife's Solstice is red and my Ford Escape is red. Or maybe I like black, because my Jeep CJ-5 is black and my old 83 Yamaha is black. When I bought the Solstice for my wife, the red just looked like her. So I gave it to her for our 25th anniversary. The Escape is interesting, because I bought it new, two summers ago. There is two Ford dealers within fifteen minutes of me. So I went to one, and they had an Escape that I really liked and it just caught my attention. It was a dark red. So then I went to the other Ford dealer, and they had an Escape that had the same options, but it was silver. So the bottom line was that the silver one was three thousand dollars less than the Red one. I liked the red one, but not three thousand dollars worth. So I went back to the dealership with the red one, and told them that if they could meet the price of the silver one at the other dealership, I would buy it. If not, I would go over and buy the silver one. After a little theatrics, the salesman at the dealership with the red one got to within $250 of the silver one. Evidently, red paint costs $250 more than silver paint. It is actually on the sticker. Anyway, it was worth that to me for the red, but I almost walked out over the $250 on principle, but my wife talked me into paying the extra and getting the color I wanted. So that is my story. The jeep is black because it is rattle canned, and I got a deal on cans of black Rustoleum. Touch up is easy that way, and it needs touched up a lot.

My truck is grey, my Passat is grey, my BMW K75s [motorbike] is grey, but my 2 bicycles are black. All were bought used [except the bicycles] and it just worked out that way.

My Bike is orange, I did not choose the color. I'd prefer it in red to match my jersey (although I'd prefer all of them royal blue).

Just to follow up, two years later....

I ended up buying this car two years ago, and I've been very happy with white. It's visible (although probably not as visible as neon green) and white seems to make cars look bigger than they actually are.

attachment.php

I would still love to hear what color(s) everyone's form(s) of transportation is/are.

Last edited:
Aloha Mark,
Well my Dakota died and I had to replace it, so I got a used Toyota Camry, Barcelona Red, which happens to be almost the exact shade of my Schwinn 5-speed beach cruiser, which was also the same color as my first bike when I was a kid, a Schwinn Stingray. I wish I still had the Stingray, apparently those are worth some bucks these days.
I also still wish I had my 914, great car for Oahu, easy to park, easy on gas, targa top, fun to drive...

Didn't see this thread. My 2000 Ford Ranger is hunter green, DH's 2015 Jeep Patriot I believe is called "granite crystal" (actually a warmish-dark grey). We like them okay, both were bought secondhand, so not chosen for color, but for the fact that they were the only ones we could find with low miles at the time that also had stick shifts (a big must, but getting harder to find...sigh). Just had the pickup repainted this year as it reached 90K miles. My bicycle is blue and hasn't been ridden in a few years. DH's is grey and also electric, and has been used a bit more recently.

bratsche, nervously awaiting Irma...

Last edited:
Funny that you mentioned about the manual transmission - My Dakota (RIP) I ordered from the factory with a 5-speed manual. It had the 4.7 V8 and 4x4. That thing was a real hoot to drive, basically a four-door, four-wheel drive Mustang with a HUGE trunk. I loved it!

Which color?

(1) What color is your car? My 15 year old Saturn is maroon. Barely, a lot of the paint is gone. That's why I don't lie out in the sun. I didn't pick it, Saturn did, because I wanted red but they didn't have it and was in a hurry, my other Saturn (red) had been totalled.
(2) Did you pick that color? If so, why? See #1. I really dislike that color.
(3) What color would your car be if you were able to get the color you wanted? White, this is Florida.
(4) What color is your bicycle, motorcycle, or other mode of transportation
I don't have any. My last scooter was red, and my helmet matched it. My Hogs, which I sold were: solid black (I was in a Wiccan stage), next, silver, and finally white and red with purple pin stripes. The last one was slathered in chrome. My friends were jealous.
They were all too loud for civilization, except the scooter, which got me 70 MPG.

Top Bottom