Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What color is your car (and/or bicycle and/or motorcycle)?

Default What color is your car (and/or bicycle and/or motorcycle)?

I happen to be shopping for a car now, and it got me to wondering how you guys decide what color car to get and whether you ended up with the color you wanted. (There was a three-month wait for my first new car, a Honda Civic, and back then you got the color that the dealership had on hand when it called - mine was red). So I thought it would be fun for people to post here the color of their cars and answer a few other questions about the color(s) of your mode(s) of transportation.

(1) What color is your car?
    (2) Did you pick that color? If so, why?
    (3) What color would your car be if you were able to get the color you wanted?
    (4) What color is your bicycle, motorcycle, or other mode of transportation.

I'll go first:

(1) my most recent car was black.
    (2) I chose that color as being the best color from a range of colors - silver, white, maroon, dark green, and dark blue - that I didn't particularly like.
    (3) This color:
    phoenix cab-012a.jpg
    (4) My bicycle is black. I wanted a yellow one, or a neon green one, for night visibility, but my bike is cool and I use lots of lights at night.

So, what color(s) are you all transporting yourselves in?

I have a neon green Freedom Ryder Handcycle. Chose it for the late night rides and riding a recumbent. One has to always want to be seen and have a mirror to see behind me; especially riding 14 inches off the ground..

I actually have a bit of a car fetish...I have gone through eleven different cars in the last 20 years. I used to buy new, but ended up upside down a couple of times so the last few have been certified pre-owned.

My current car is white. I seem to go back and forth between black and white and between two car manufacturers as well. I actually wanted grey this time for a change, but the features I wanted were on a white one and none of the dealerships within 50 miles had my car in grey...so white it is. I still think nothing looks better than a black car, but they are so tough to keep clean.
    PO`IPU NO KA OI!
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Wiwinani"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

We have a red Kia Soul, which I love love love and highly recommend. We also have a red Ford F-150. Most of my card have been red. I feel safest in red cars. I feel it's one of the most visible cars on the road. It's not my fave color, in general. I just pick it for cars. I've had a lot of cars, and I like custom paint jobs, although I have never had one on my cars. I use to work at a custom auto shop.

My bicycle is also red, but it's just a coincidence. My friend no longer wanted it and gave it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by D3B7 View Post
    We have a red Kia Soul, which I love love love and highly recommend. We also have a red Ford F-150. Most of my card have been red. I feel safest in red cars. I feel it's one of the most visible cars on the road.
    Yes, it's highly visible, same with white cars. Did you know that red and white cars get more moving violations than other colors just because they are so highly visible? I learned that in traffic school after getting a ticket in a white car.

I drive a silver car. Bought it used so it wasn't like I had a lot of choices. But it's actually better at not showing dirt than white or black.

Quote Originally Posted by mds725 View Post
    (1) What color is your car?
    (2) Did you pick that color? If so, why?
    (3) What color would your car be if you were able to get the color you wanted?
    (4) What color is your bicycle, motorcycle, or other mode of transportation.
    1) Burgundy.
    2) It picked me, as with all of my cars - I've never bought a new car before so I've never been able to choose the color.
    3) Bright yellow, as I've heard it's the most visible and therefore safest! Or white, as I've heard it's the second most visible. Although I think that green one would be up there on the visibility scale!
    4) My bike is sky blue - I wanted red or blue, so I guess you could say I picked the color.

Car is silver. Not chosen for its colour, but for the fact it was in good condition and the price was right.
    Motorbike is black 'cause it was a special edition that only came in black.
    Pushbike is matt black. It wasn't a special edition, but that particular model too only came in black.

From a safety point of view I'd prefer a brighter colour on the car so that it was more visible, particularly in bad weather.

Some motorbike manufacturers tend to favour particular colours, normally I would prefer the colour that goes with that make of bike.
    Ducati - red, MV Agusta - red and silver, KTM - orange, etc.

I like non-standard and/or low production colors

'11 GMC is Laser Blue Metallic (color not shown in 2011 GMC catalog)
    '84 Harley is "factory custom" candy plum/silver
    '08 Solstice GXP is "Envious Green" (looks like the older Triumph Spitfire green metallic)
    '68 GTO is Mayfair Maize/black vinyl top (owned over 30 years)

Typical production colors:
    Trek mountain bike is grey/black
    Raleigh Competition G.S. road bike (I used to race in college) is black
    Last edited by gtomatt; 05-19-2015 at 02:24 AM.

Usually prefer white or black, but in 2007 found a 2002 Lexus SC430 in silver. I've had it every since. 8 years! longest I've ever owned a car. The silver color is nice to have. Don't get tired of it and it's easy to maintain.

(1) What color is your car? My Magnum is patriot blue, Challenger is stone white, Volt is black
    (2) Did you pick that color? If so, why? Picked all but the Volt. With the I picked the options I wanted and let the color be a surprise.
    (3) What color would your car be if you were able to get the color you wanted? I actually want to get a wrap on the Volt Something floral.
    (4) What color is your bicycle, motorcycle, or other mode of transportation. I don't have another mode of transport except my feet. They are peachy colored.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Soundcloud

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Thread Information