Uke'n Talk Vintage - Episode 10 (Regal Style 5ish)

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Thanks Jay and Ryan. I adore this series of videos and highly recommend them to all ukulele enthusiasts, vintage or otherwise.

In this particular clip I must admit to shedding a quiet tear or two as I watched. I was the original owner of this uke - in Tasmania actually, not New Zealand - and always regretted letting it go. Truth is, I had no idea or appreciation of what I had until much later!

I love the passion and clarity with which you guys demonstrate and provide some of the history of these old instruments.

Keep up the wonderful work fellas. Cheers.

Thanks Jay and Ryan. I adore this series of videos and highly recommend them to all ukulele enthusiasts, vintage or otherwise.

In this particular clip I must admit to shedding a quiet tear or two as I watched. I was the original owner of this uke - in Tasmania actually, not New Zealand - and always regretted letting it go. Truth is, I had no idea or appreciation of what I had until much later!

I love the passion and clarity with which you guys demonstrate and provide some of the history of these old instruments.

Keep up the wonderful work fellas. Cheers.

Thanks!

Any friend of Charlie Brown is a friend of ours. That is incredible it was your ukulele...wow. So you're really "Down Under" in many ways! ;-) It's a stunning instrument and it's well taken care of in a wonderful collection of vintage instruments. Digging into the history and having a story is the exciting part especially when you can trace the roots or have documentation. My most exciting find was my 1932 Martin soprano which had the original signed and dated receipt. That to me increases the value dramatically, but if your not selling it really doesn't matter what it's worth monetarily.

Thanks for watching us. We shot three more Episodes going up in the next few weeks so there are some great ones coming up including probably the oldest uke around (one of a few in the world most likely). We'll be wrapping up the series probably around summer and then I'll be starting a new Uke'n Talk series.

Look for another one and you may very well may find one. The rare ones get harder to find though as each year passes.

Jay and Ryan, I love each episode of Vintage Uke N Talk but have one complaint....it seems that you only actually play each of these vintage beauties for 10 or 15 seconds each episode. I'd really like to hear more of them being played!
So how about making it Uke N Talk N Play?
All the best, keep them coming!

Jay and Ryan, I love each episode of Vintage Uke N Talk but have one complaint....it seems that you only actually play each of these vintage beauties for 10 or 15 seconds each episode. I'd really like to hear more of them being played!
So how about making it Uke N Talk N Play?
All the best, keep them coming!

Thanks, I've been thinking about getting each one and playing them and uploading them on Soundcloud for some more pure sound samples without the talking and getting a mic directly in front of them.

Top Bottom