Help needed dating Favilla baritone

I had a Favilla Bari. and wrote Tom Favilla for dating. He told me if there wasn't a label or serial # inside, it was more than likely a '46-53 date. If it has a serial number and no label inside it's from '53-57. Labels inside are '57 and later.

I sure miss my Favilla. I've never been able to find another bari that could come close to it's deep, smoke filled bluesy sound.

Help needed dating Favilla baritone

Well first clean up. Nobody wants to date a slouch. Then flowers would be good and a nice restaurant or such. Be pleasant. Listen and act interested. I'm sure things will go well. :eek:ld:

Is there a serial number listing that I can review to determine the age of my Favilla Baritone; no label; stamped serial number....Thank you, Rick

I just bought a second Favilla Baritone - no SN; no label; Favilla impression inside....it's different than the one with the SN; it's got a smaller bridge, slightly smaller lower bout, inlay around the sound hole is different....no SN is b-w-b-w and the SN is w-b-w....the no SN seems to ring and resonate more and it's got old strings - the SN has new strings I put on....I'm thinking the no SN is older, but I'm not sure if it's possible to determine how much older....maybe by the smaller dimensions...both are 19"....friction tuners. Any help with aging would be appeciated, however, I did sent Tom Favilla a note....

Top Bottom