KoAloha Label - Where does the mark showing it is a "Factory 2nd" go?

rappsy

Reaction score
Can anyone post a picture of their KoAloha label showing where the mark that KoAloha uses to show it is a "factory second"?

I thought it was supposed to be on the white label. If it is not there, does it mean it is not a "2nd"?

Thanks in advance.

What I have seen is a small black mark on the label inside the sound hole. No black mark, not a second, I would assume.

I thought it was a black Sharpie marker mark, about 1cm long, in one of the corners of the label.

Mmstan?

I thought it was a black Sharpie marker mark, about 1cm long, in one of the corners of the label.

Mmstan?

Not mmstan...

But you are correct. I have two factory seconds, both marked just in that way.

On the one that I had there was a tiny sharpie marker in the lower right hand corner. It was barely visible.

Aloha DS, HA HA YEAH I'M NOT SHAME I GOT A SECOND :) it sounds great and looks great, just a minor finish flaw
Almost un noticable..20150529_225239.jpg
These koaloha ' s worth every cent and more :)

Mmstan?

Last edited:
They may have changed this recently. I had a factory 2nd that developed a crack running the length of the neck. They, as usual, were awesome in honoring/handling their warranty. I sent the uke back to them (they had not seen this particular defect before) and they sent me a new one that was made in Feb 2015. I thought they had sent me an original because the mark was missing. Upon closer inspection I noticed the words "Factory Special" printed on the label. See I photos of each.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses. I have always heard about the sharpie marker but then got one from directly from KoAloha that was supposed to be a "2nd" and as with most "2nds" couldn't find the reason for the designation, but it didn't have any marks. It was built 12/14. I guess they hadn't started the Factory special labeling yet, but since it isn't marked, maybe it was not a "2nd" after all.

Top Bottom