172 Loose But Tight

Oh dear. This is going in a direction I hadn't quite envisaged. Ok, so we can confirm the ladies are sorted for home-made jugs. Most excellent. I shall now be looking forward to your videos in a way I'm sure isn't edifying. :p

Oh dear. This is going in a direction I hadn't quite envisaged. Ok, so we can confirm the ladies are sorted for home-made jugs. Most excellent. I shall now be looking forward to your videos in a way I'm sure isn't edifying. :p

I can't speak for the others, but DIY is not how I came by mine.

And I apologize. I did start that other similar conversation last year. I did not start this one ... but it is rather hard to resist continuing it, isn't it?

I now have an entirely different picture in my head of what a jug band looks like than I did a few hours ago.

Last edited:
sorry jon, we are all of us in the gutter

but sometimes I do rather act as if I like it there!

it's not like me to lower the tone............................................... :uhoh:

it's not like me to lower the tone............................................... :uhoh:

Oh, come now ... I have heard you lower the key quite frequently, I think ... to suit your rather sultry deep voice. Or maybe you meant something else.

And ... oh my ... the thread title. Good thing CJ appears to be still asleep.

Because I would never. Of course not.

Last edited:
I tried.

You all know I tried!

:wallbash:

snicker snicker

Indeed you did. I shall get back to UWC prep now. Which is all I have any business doing anyway.

And it is 3am here. I am clearly not in my right mind and cannot be held responsible for anything I say. So sorry. This will all seem so wrong when the sun come up, I'm certain.

This is hilarious. Thankyou all three for the Sunday afternoon laugh. I'm giving up a few things and going through a heavy time right now so it's most appreciated. And the gutter? Don't anyone be apologising to me, it's my home. But hopefully I'll be moving out soon.

Of course this is about the point at which CJ will read the above post re a whole new picture of jug bands and proceed to draw the host a suitably offensive cartoon for t-shirt printing as a prize for some unlucky jug blower.

Yours truly,

the host

(keepin it loose but tight)

Of course this is about the point at which CJ will read the above post re a whole new picture of jug bands and proceed to draw the host a suitably offensive cartoon for t-shirt printing as a prize for some unlucky jug blower.

Oh, I want that t-shirt! Well, a low-cut spaghetti-strap tank top version of it, of course. And, you know, I s'pose it's only fair, having inspired it and all, right?

Happy we are lightening your mood, Jon ... nothing like some joyful mutual gutter wallowing to brighten your day, really, is there? You all are helping keep me awake and entertained through the waning hours of UWC prep. Almost done ... might even catch a wink of sleep at some point.

yes indeed we've tried our best, and also our worst, but without ceejay it's all been a bit amateurish really!

True, some things are best handled by the pros. (Did I just say "handled"?)

Awesome theme Jon so looking forward to this now to find some time and hopefully get the chance to blow on some jugs :) thanks for hosting my friend and I loves the theme.

In the spirit of the theme I just can't help myself.

All those months ago I was jug-less.

CeeJay.....Dont even! :stop:

That was the best thesillydave impersonation ever... the only things that were missing
was a fire and a monkey... or a monkey on fire.

Last edited:
Linda may have won the week already ... but the Season is young ...

P.S. Duck call! I have one! Thanks for adding that ...

Last edited:
Oooo, if BEV plays a jug, does that mean we may see her face? ;)

This was on one of the lists (http://www.humpnightthumpers.com/assembled/songs.html) Jon linked to. And it was one of those songs, that was on my list, to record when it would fit a theme. I was planning on multi-tracking, but I recorded it loose enough to never get it tight again (if you know what I mean ;-)). This is my take on What a Wonderful World.

Top Bottom