Season 173 - honky tonk heaven

What a theme ... So ... Many ... Choices ...

TCK beat me to the punch, but I'm going to post it too. I'm sure there will be others. My dad loved Hank Sr. and we heard it on 78s.

Last edited:
So. Where did you get some Middle Aged eyes from ???

(/CJ mode... I once went to a museum in Sweden. It said the theme was middle age arms, but all I saw was a bunch of ancient weapons. /end cj mode)

Well, unfortunately due to technical difficulties we have no video footage of our fun time today. We did have fun though! I recorded the song on my iphone and then played it back while my hubby, Barry, played the tub bass, daughter April played the xylophone, squeeky sax toy and tambourine. I played the washboard with bell and the whirly whistle. I then recorded over that and added a jug. Hope you enjoy the song and the footage of Coney Island of the 40's.
Sounds like fun too but did you mean it to go over on 172?

I have gathered together

some of my most very favourite "X walks into a bar" jokes

dressed it all up as something to do with honky tonk bars

and made a very lame song out of it

for your delectation

or something

possibly

Have missed a few seasons, but am back. Here's a Garth Brooks tune:

Here is the first of my offerings this week. It's a song I can really imagine going down well in a Honky Tonk, late on in the evening when the customers have had enough booze to get all melancholy about life and its challenges.

This is played on my Baritone Banjo (Living Water Baritone Uke strings - Tuned CFAD on a Tenor Banjo)

Lyrics in the Youtube description.

Happy Birthday BigDaddyUker! :music:

This from the first (and only) true honky tonk I ever visited. This song was playing on the jukebox.

Well, unfortunately due to technical difficulties we have no video footage of our fun time today. We did have fun though! I recorded the song on my iphone and then played it back while my hubby, Barry, played the tub bass, daughter April played the xylophone, squeeky sax toy and tambourine. I played the washboard with bell and the whirly whistle. I then recorded over that and added a jug. Hope you enjoy the song and the footage of Coney Island of the 40's.
This is a fun vid! Wheeee!!!! Looking forward to hearing your honky tonk vid if you find time to make one for Season 173 this week.

Recorded with my brand new Ohana BK 20-CE baritone ukulele. Have to concentrate to get the fingerings right with the new tuning. A little buzzy at times due to my fingers not being in exactly the right spot. All in all, though, I'm glad to be a member of the bari club!

Happy birthday, BDU! It was nice meeting you at UWC7!

Happy Birthday BDU. Have some cake on us:D

Unknown_zpsecs9wfzi.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom