FS: 1940's Martin Style 1 Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI I am a pretty good player as well as a collector. It's just that there is a BIG difference between honest play wear and obvious abuse.

Cheers...peace...mahalo...whatever

Shame it can't be sent abroad, you'd probably have more interest. Can't understand why people are put off by the mojo, it's what they sound like that matters.

Yeah, I've had several people overseas offer me more (on top of paying the shipping) than I'm currently asking for it. I probably could ship it ok, but to me it's too risky. One over zealous customs agent and the uke disappears forever, it's a shame :(

I don't think you should be concerned about some customs agent ... it doesn't look expensive, and I have sent 2 Ukes to England and they have arrived within 5 business days and no issues with Customs.

I have also bought 8 Ukes from abroad and never had any issues.

There is tracking today, and insurance. Sometimes the exchange rate difference is a good thing for you and you should consider it.

Last edited:
Yeah it has to do with the Brazilian Rosewood on the guitar. It is original, so technically it is able to be shipped abroad. However, Customs can say what they want regardless. So if someone on the day it comes through says that isn't original "Pre CITES Brazilian Rosesood" then it gets confiscated and I'm out the cash and the uke. Not worth it too me.

Aaron, why not bump up the price by 13% to cover the fee and pop it on eBay. Thousands more "eyeballs".

Just an idea

Aaron, why not bump up the price by 13% to cover the fee and pop it on eBay. Thousands more "eyeballs".

Just an idea

It's there and on Reverb too :)

As you know I sell instruments for a living. And right now is a REALLY slow time in our industry. Even at our store sales are way down, and talking to friends who own shops around the country it's that way almost everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom