FS: 1940's Martin Style 1 Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 months and 5 pages of bumps...no offence but I think you need to consider a serious price reduction...IMHO

3 months and 5 pages of bumps...no offence but I think you need to consider a serious price reduction...IMHO

I don't think so. As I've said before, I've been offered much more than what I'm asking for it by legitimate International buyers. One guy may be visiting the states in a couple months and going home with it.

:agree:

Why not ship internationally? I have done it several times. It's simple...

It's there and on Reverb too :)

As you know I sell instruments for a living. And right now is a REALLY slow time in our industry. Even at our store sales are way down, and talking to friends who own shops around the country it's that way almost everywhere.

Is that for instruments in general or ukuleles in particular?

I know that the binding and fretboard are rosewood. Brazilian, not sure about that.

Instruments with rosewood fretboards are shipped all over the world every day without problems.

If it were new maybe an issue, and antique not so much.

Or just reduce it to $250 someone may buy it here in the USA.

I know that the binding and fretboard are rosewood. Brazilian, not sure about that.

Instruments with rosewood fretboards are shipped all over the world every day without problems.

If it were new maybe an issue, and antique not so much.

Or just reduce it to $250 someone may buy it here in the USA.

Binding is Tortoise Celluloid, Fretboard and Bridge are Brazilian Rosewood. Martin did not start to use Indian Rosewood until 1968.

And $250 is giving it away, which I will not do.

You're correct, I see that in 1936 they went to celluloid. Do you have a source for the type rosewood used? Thanks!

The tuners look like 50's Grover tuners to me. This looks more like a 1950's Style 1 .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom