Season 174 - Silly Love Songs

I just did a couple of one-takers. Here's the 1st. Paul didn't write it, but he did sing and record it.

Thanks, Harry-Randy, for a Season of straight-up love songs. No tears or hearts broken in two...give me the sweet love that makes life worth living.

This was done by Herman's Hermits, in the era of the early Beatles.

This is one of my all time favorite Seasonista moments ever and I'm posting it here a year after it was taken because it seems appropriate for this Season. In honor of UkeyDave and love to Lesley! (I don't care if it gets me minus 50,000 points!)

This is one of my all time favorite Seasonista moments ever and I'm posting it here a year after it was taken because it seems appropriate for this Season. In honor of UkeyDave and love to Lesley! (I don't care if it gets me minus 50,000 points!)

This is appropriate timing. Tomorrow would have been UkeyDaves birthday, June 15th. Its good to remember him. Thanks for sharing this Mark :)

Primordial Soup

This is one of my originals, I think it qualifies as silly, and the lyrics reference at least eight classic love songs.

Great start! I'm enjoying this!

wee_ginga_yin Every time we say goodbye Beautiful song, an excellent choice to kick off the Season! Thanks!

Hippie Dribble Lonesome And Then Some Wow. Amazing song, amazing playing. I've just listened to this three times, and I like it more every time. Well-crafted song, with lots of heart.

librainian Michelle Gorgeous song, and a beautiful performance. Tres bien indeed.

librainian Something Stupid Great song choice, beautifully played. This is weird, just yesterday I came across a version of this song performed by Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman. It was beautiful, as is your version! Thanks!

IAmNoMan Grand Old Flag Happy Flag Day to you, too. Did you know that George M. Cohen's original title was "You're A Grand Old Rag?" Just a little trivia. Great, spirited march.

BirdsEyeViewOfMyUkulele take me i'm yours Romantic, steamy, even! Love it!

lelouden And I Love Her *gasp* That is stunningly beautiful! Wow! Your playing, your singing, your arrangement. Wow again.

Dwitt Hallelujah Beautifully done. I love your percussionist - so cute!

Markwo Till There Was You One of Paul's most beautiful vocals. And now yours as well! Great playing!

Markwo Do You Want To Know A Secret Another great one! I love the introduction to this song, kind of old-fashioned, in a good way!

xommen Everlasting Love I'd forgotten about this song. Very pretty, good job!

GinnyT11 There's a Kind of Hush Yup, this is a wonderful love song. I loved every second of your performance!

AlanDP Stupid Maryann This is terrific! Catchy, fun progression, fun words!

Dougf Primordial Soup Very cute - silly and romantic, too! Awesome!

Last edited:
"Better" - by Tom Baxter. File it under the "over the top" category with BEV's "Take me I'm Yours" by Squeeze

Even though it is only Sunday, I am a little surprised I am the first person to post this one. I've been meaning to learn it fully for a while, and it is, IMHO, one of Paul's greatest songs, and one of the greatest love songs ever.

On the road, so I had to give this one the Peewee hotel one take treatment, but I hope you all like it.

This is one of my all time favorite Seasonista moments ever and I'm posting it here a year after it was taken because it seems appropriate for this Season. In honor of UkeyDave and love to Lesley!
ooooooooooooooh how lovely to see that again

I don't think re-posting that is gonna earn ANYONE minus 50,000 points

SOTO 174 Silly Love Songs - Entry 3

This is a Silly Love Song if ever there was one. John and Steve wrote this song one night in a hotel room as a satirical love song. Upon reflection, Steve added another verse to turn it into the Quintessential Country Song. Either way it is Silly.

Top Bottom