Missing new uke blues. :(

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I want to point out in the scheme of things, this is completely a first world problem, and a mosquito bite sized issue, not a mountain-sized one. A good friend's fiancee was just diagnosed with cancer, and had most of her stomach removed last week. There is war and disease and poverty in the world. My "problem" is not a real "problem" in the truest sense of the word.

That being said, I'm really feeling uneasy right now. I have a new uke delivery that was set to arrive yesterday via USPS Priority Express mail. No problem, I understand packages are late all the time. What scares me is that according to the guy at the Post Office they "have no idea where it is." No tracking activity has been recorded since it left Hawaii about 60 hours ago.

I was able to initiate a delayed mail report, and the Post Office assigned it to a domestic research agent, so hopefully it will turn up sooner rather than later. I know packages can often arrive before tracking info is updated. And I still hope that is the case and that it arrives safe and sound, just late. But I still feel queasy and won't feel better until they figure out where the heck it is. I don't care when it arrives, I just want it found. :(

Last edited:
I want to point out in the scheme of things, this is completely a first world problem, and a mosquito bite sized issue, not a mountain-sized one. A good friend's fiancee was just diagnosed with cancer, and had most of her stomach removed last week. There is war and disease and poverty in the world. My "problem" is not a real "problem" in the truest sense of the word.

That being said, I'm really feeling uneasy right now. I have a new uke delivery that was set to arrive yesterday via USPS Priority Express mail. No problem, I understand packages are late all the time. What scares me is that according to the guy at the Post Office they "have no idea where it is." No tracking activity has been recorded since it left Hawaii about 60 hours ago.

Yes, I know packages often arrive before tracking info is updated. And I still hope that is the case and that it arrives safe and sound, just late. But I still feel queasy and won't feel better until they figure out where the heck it is. I don't care when it arrives, I just want it found. :(

Just because something's a first world problem doesn't mean it couldn't/shouldn't bother you. I hope you get your uke soon.

Just because something's a first world problem doesn't mean it couldn't/shouldn't bother you. I hope you get your uke soon.

That's a really good way to look at it!

FWIW, I've had a *lot* of trouble with USPS tracking numbers as of lately. Never for anything as major as a uke, but even when it's something as simple as a $15 bag of coffee (I'm a coffee snob who gets home delivery from an out of state roaster) it's stressful. A few examples: most commonly, the tracking number shows no action until AFTER the parcel is delivered; the tracking will say something like "delivery attempted but nobody was there to sign for it" when (a) I was home all day working, and (b) it wasn't signature required; a few times the tracking would say something like "misplaced" or "unable to locate" but sure enough, two or three days later the item will show up.

On the flip side, I recently sold a uke and shipped it Express Priority to Hawaii. On the day of scheduled delivery, the tracking said "delayed" and provided no further info, and I was stressed out all day about it. Late that afternoon, the tracking updated directly from "delayed" to "delivered" and all was well, but the tracking never showed any of the interim "arrived at post office" or "out for delivery" updates.

I've learned that calling the post office is a last resort, and only to be done after a few days to a week have passed. At least here in Santa Monica, the employees are clueless and unfriendly and are either unable or unwilling to provide any information, which just adds to the stress.

I really hope your uke turns up unharmed and in a timely manner! Meanwhile - deep breaths :)

Great that it's there, Staci.

If it was Priority Mail, no shipping guarantee; but, if it was Express Mail, 2-day guarantee, and it dod not make it, the sender can get a full refund for shipping price (not insurance cost, I believe) by bringing the sales slip to the post office. Just a thought (if it was "overnight" express, which is now 2-day).

Can't wait to see your NUD thread. Cheers!

Top Bottom