Season 176: Rainbows

Rainbows are like Spiderwebs

joo started something. She called it "Rainbows are like Spiderwebs". This bit of noodling is my contribution. Noodling is fun. My favorite kind of noodles are Curried Maifun. They come from Singapore.

Rainbow Connection

Oh, I'm late (see post #98), it took two days, and yesterday was no time, but the most important thing:

Happy Birthday, Debbie

Debbie "Blondie" Harry yesterday became 70. Unforgettable her wonderful duet with Kermit, that I was astonished no one did it before.

Not my best voice, but in the short time it was easier to hold the original tune of Kermit and Debbie, apart from the problem, that I had to transpose part two of my notation one step down while singing (remark: Keys A & Bb as on YT with Kermit, ultimateguitar shifts 2 steps). BTW: In background you can hear my neighbor, trying to start his vintage red beetle.
Dear dweiglein, we should do a duet :)

Sure, Elmann, I'll do a duet with you. Just hop like Kermit over the pond to America!

This one's been on my mind all week. I figured someone else would post it, but last I checked, it still hadn't been done, so... here's "She's A Rainbow" by the Rolling Stones, for tenor uke and vocal, with overdub of Ashbory U-bass and harmony vocal:

sorry don't know why thumbnail is all weird looking

Last edited:
SOTU 176: There's a Bluebird on Your Windowsill

Digging deep for this one, but it's a lovely song (for a lovely theme) from the late '40s, recorded by Doris Day, several cowboy crooners, and, sadly, Audrey Williams.

My season starts in about 48 hours, so get ready!

Collaboration :) Joo -n- Janet

"FADED RAINBOW"
Code:
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000FF"]One faded rainbow I’m livin’ under
It might be faded, but it’s mine
Perhaps it shines brighter
On the flip side
But I won’t know till my time

You can’t find the gold
For there is no end
IS the proverbial pot por-ce-lain?

Life’s not always what you wish it would be Xs4

One tiny snowflake landed on my tongue
It tasted like nothing, but it was fun.
Then I felt something warm on my head
I had forgotten about the migrating birds overhead.

The sky will not rain gold,
Only pretty snowflakes 
And warm gifts from your feathered friends.

Life’s not always what you wish it would be Xs4

One faded rainbow I’m livin’ under
It might be faded, but it’s mine
Perhaps it shines brighter
On the flip side
But I won’t know till my time

I won’t know till my time
Brighter on the flip side Xs 3
Brighter
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

So personally i believe i have found the perfect song for this week but per rules........ You be the judge!

"Here is that RAINBOW I've been praying for!"

"Okay, that's enough on the Kazoo..."

It was his birthday party, and his house, so I suppose I should have been a little more forgiving.

It was really hard to keep up with the energetic and talented guitar player, particularly after 14 beers or so...

Was looking for an olde song and found this. Just noticed Dan has done it too but anyway, here's another one. Muchus gracias Maestro.

I learned this one from a youtube video from Hippie Dribble (not sure if that video is still up but it is a dandy). A song written by Pete Seeger.

Great theme Ralf.

found this super amazing song my morrissey - is he gay? is he bi? is he just unfeasibly dreamy and all the rest is beside the point? i dunno but he wrote this...

"all the lazy dykes"

Some Uncle Walt for y'all. :)

(Thanks for the shout out Doug, just reloading it now).

Wow! You all are out-doing your always-awesome selves. Original songs, collaborations, classics, instrumentals, rainbows and love celebration everywhere. Amazing. More comments...

Hippie Dribble "Rainbow Curtains"
Killer uke breakdowns here, and lovely, fitting sentiments here. White House ain't white no more, indeed. Fun and freedom-loving---just right, Jon. Muchas gracias.

cua94 "Rainbow Stew"
Fun song. Sweet version. Thanks, Liz!

bonesoup "I'm Beginning To See The Light"
Lovely choice, and great version. Uke playing is sweet---love how how you mix in the melody now and then---and sweet, emotional singing. Gracias.

IamNoMan "Blue Skies"
Great choice, Tommy, a fun version of this Irving Berlin classic. Josephine Baker's a hero in so many ways---thanks for reminding us of her amazing life.

Harry122 "There's A Rainbow 'Round My Shoulder"
Ah, that sounds sweet. Piano overdubs give this one an even jauntier jauntiness. Woohoo!

bonesigh "Rainbow 'Round The Moon"
Just the right uke sound for your lovely ballad, and terrific playing. Sweet melody here, and great singing. Muchas gracias.

bird's eye view of my ukelele "Sweet Woman"
Ah, lovely song. Revealing the folky, downstrumming side of BEVOMU. Bold choice. Love it.

UkeCan1 Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows"
Fun one, Wendy. Great, life-affirming spirit in this one. Just right for this week. (Thanks for posting all your non-entries, too. Great stuff!)

jagcorps "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"
Wow. Sweet uke playing, Allen. Great to hear an instrumental version of a classic played with heart. Muchas gracias.

jagcorps "Here Comes The Sun"
Never enough George Harrison here in the Seasons---thanks for a sweet instrumental take on a fitting song for this week.

not good enough???????????????????????????

brain.does.not.compute

loads of people are having probs embedding, i just went and watched your vid on youtube, copied the youtube page URL, brought it back to the thread, clicked on the film strip icon, pasted in the link and hey presto :bowdown: awesomeness embedded

i officially retire from the seasons.

Hey brother. That song was ****ing brilliant OK. Fullstop. It was the best thing I've watched on youtube all week in or out of the season thing.You've been missed my friend. Please, no talk of retirement, your music is too bloody good not to share.

Top Bottom